Blowing grass clippings mixed with leaves

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
At this time of the year, I am having a hard time blowing off properties once I am done mowing. That is because there are leaves everywhere mixed with lawn clippings. How do you guys do it? Blow the leaves back on the lawn? Some in the street and some in the lawn?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
At this time of the year, I am having a hard time blowing off properties once I am done mowing. That is because there are leaves everywhere mixed with lawn clippings. How do you guys do it? Blow the leaves back on the lawn? Some in the street and some in the lawn?

Guess it all depends on the mower and blades your using.

zmister11

Threads

Sometimes if theirs alot if leaves, I'll double cut it. So the leaves get mulched up well. And then I blow everything back in the yard. I don't like to leave a yard with debris all in the road or sidewalks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sometimes if theirs alot if leaves, I'll double cut it. So the leaves get mulched up well. And then I blow everything back in the yard. I don't like to leave a yard with debris all in the road or sidewalks.

If you really want to see the leaves disappear put a set of G6 gator blades on your Pro Stance they do a great job on both my mowers.

Threads
I will sometimes blow all the leaves off the road and driveway and into the street first, and then mow it all, so it gets mulched (or bagged up). And then when I blow the grass clippings from the hard surfaces it is just grass, not leaves mixed in.

zmister11

Threads
If you really want to see the leaves disappear put a set of G6 gator blades on your Pro Stance they do a great job on both my mowers.

Yeah I was actually thinking about using those. I kinda want a set for the pro stance and the pro turn. Roughly how much do they cost per set? Those would be nice with it being fall soon.I'm already seeing alot of leaves falling.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would blow the leaves from everywhere and on to the lawn and then mulch/bag them, but I am not getting paid extra for that since leaf season has not yet started. Once leaf season is started I get paid for all of that.

Threads
I would blow the leaves from everywhere and on to the lawn and then mulch/bag them, but I am not getting paid extra for that since leaf season has not yet started. Once leaf season is started I get paid for all of that.

That is one thing that I am going to do better this year--get my regular lawn customers to pay extra in leaf season...because I spend more time there. I am already starting to get a decent amount of customers for just leaves, which is nice. Within half a month the leaves should be falling.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is one thing that I am going to do better this year--get my regular lawn customers to pay extra in leaf season...because I spend more time there. I am already starting to get a decent amount of customers for just leaves, which is nice. Within half a month the leaves should be falling.

Good idea! Never work for free. A few leaves on the lawn is fine, but when the lawn is covered, it is extra.

Leaves have started to fall here a bit. But, in a few weeks it will really start.