New Stihl BR 450 CEF Electic Start Blower

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah my dealer has one of those in stock. Their pretty cool. I think it's a great idea

I think I'm going to go and take a look at the thing and see what it's all about, I agree it's a great Idea.

zmister11

Threads
I think I'm going to go and take a look at the thing and see what it's all about, I agree it's a great Idea.

Yeah if I didn't just buy another stihl 600 blower, I would probably buy the electric start.lol I've had so many customers stop and talk to me, and then you have to shut off the blower and then set it back down to start. Idk if you can, but my friend can start the blower with it still being on his back. I tried it but I couldn't pull it hard enough to start that way

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah if I didn't just buy another stihl 600 blower, I would probably buy the electric start.lol I've had so many customers stop and talk to me, and then you have to shut off the blower and then set it back down to start. Idk if you can, but my friend can start the blower with it still being on his back. I tried it but I couldn't pull it hard enough to start that way

Same with me. If I hadn't just got the other 600 I'd buy one in a heartbeat, I may anyway and then sell the 600 on CL.

Threads
I think that's a good idea! Maybe what I'll have to do from now on is after I'm done talking with the customer, I'll ask if they can start the blower for me so I don't have to take it off. :laughing: I cut their grass, the least they can do is help me start the blower. :tongue:

zmister11

Threads
I think that's a good idea! Maybe what I'll have to do from now on is after I'm done talking with the customer, I'll ask if they can start the blower for me so I don't have to take it off. :laughing: I cut their grass, the least they can do is help me start the blower. :tongue:

Haha that would be funny!

zmister11

Threads
Same with me. If I hadn't just got the other 600 I'd buy one in a heartbeat, I may anyway and then sell the 600 on CL.

Yeah I wonder how long the electric start lasts.

Threads
I don't keep on top of the Stihl lineup as much as I do with Echo....so how does this compare to the 550 or 600 Magnum? I'm assuming it has less power (just based on the model number), and they are marketing it based on the electric start, not the power. Do you think E.S. will come standard on the other pro models soon? Just curious, not like I'm going to return my Echo.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't keep on top of the Stihl lineup as much as I do with Echo....so how does this compare to the 550 or 600 Magnum? I'm assuming it has less power (just based on the model number), and they are marketing it based on the electric start, not the power. Do you think E.S. will come standard on the other pro models soon? Just curious, not like I'm going to return my Echo.

How do they compare? the 550 has 530 cfm and velocity is 199 mph. The Br 600 is 712 cfm and 201mph. The new 450CEF is 642 cfm and 186 mph. As far as the electric start goes on I would assume Stihl has the Patent.