Snapper 928 repowered with BS 13.5; frame squeaks on uneven yard and lub was no help

IsadoreInLouisville

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Snapper 928 repowered with BS 13.5; frame squeaks on uneven yard and lub was no help
My Snapper 928 that was repowered with BS 13.5 works fine but the frame squeaks more than ever on uneven yard. I have followed lub instructions in manual and squirted 10w30 in most frame areas I can see with it up on its rear bumper. I have also use WD40 to try and get into places where the 10W30 might not get with little success. Squeaks are still loud when the front wheels go over rough areas and the frame flexes. Any thoughts about how to lub the suspect area will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Snapper 928 repowered with BS 13.5; frame squeaks on uneven yard and lub was no help
That squeak could be coming from any where. Possible locations are steering parts, any of the deck pivots, where the frame pipe pivots, to some loose bolt on the rear end.

IsadoreInLouisville

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks, is there a special way to see/lub the frame pivot? I have tried to lub all of the other areas you mention that I could see.

IsadoreInLouisville

Forum Newbie
Threads
using your good advice and thinking i had lubed all that moved under the frame, I put the front axel on a block and when turning steering, heard the noises from the front steering (King) pins where they come up thru frame and foot plates. The location of these noises was not apparent when up on mower, it was under my feet. Soaked all steering joints and things that move and saw that some nylon like bushings are loose but the infernal squeaking has stopped. Now I just need to try and keep it lubed but should be good for rest of season. Thanks!