Echo vs STIHL trimmer line lenght

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, 27.2cc. for Stihl. Stihl my neighbor has, I used a couple times was a FS 55, hard on gas.

But can't beat Echo & Shindaiwa warranty of 5 years & lifetime on drive shaft & ign coil pack.

The FS 55 is a homeowner unit and as far as gas usage goes I couldn't say how it does because I've never used a Home owner version trimmer. I do use the Stihl HL-45 hedge trimmer and it seems a little hard on gas but when you compare the two (Echo vs Stihl) it only stands to reason the stihl products would use more gas when the the stihl is a 27.2cc engine vs the echo's 21.2cc engine. The thing about a comparison is how can you really compare the two units??

As far as the warranty goes I never payed to much attention to Echo's 5 yr because it's for the homeowner. I think Stihl has 4 year and on their trimmers and blowers or gas operated equipment by buying their oil, moto mix or what ever so the difference between the two warranty's is really moot because if anything is going to happen to either it will happen within the first two years of usage and after that period you'll have problems getting any type of warranty work done by either company.

On the commercial end Echo's warranty is no better than Stihl, there both two years.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, quite the discussion I have started. Thanks Ric for clearing that up for me. It makes a lot of sense!

By the way, I use a STIHL 90. No homeowner stuff.

canhthongxanhtq

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing I do on any trimmer is take the guard off.
It just gets in the way.
I like echo over stihl
If someone gave me a new stihl first the guard would come off. Second I would put a echo speed feed head on it.