Blower rack position on trailer

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ordered two back pack blower racks. I am not sure where I am going to mount them. I already have a trimmer rack on the passenger side. It is fine there. I have been thinking of putting a blower rack on the front end of the trailer and one on the driver side.

Any pictures or ideas would be great.

Threads
I ordered two back pack blower racks. I am not sure where I am going to mount them. I already have a trimmer rack on the passenger side. It is fine there. I have been thinking of putting a blower rack on the front end of the trailer and one on the driver side.

Any pictures or ideas would be great.

I think that's personal preference. If I did it I would have it on the driver side. That way once you finish the mowing and then the blowing, you can just put it away and hop in the truck without moving around the trailer. Just my thinking behind how I would do it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think that's personal preference. If I did it I would have it on the driver side. That way once you finish the mowing and then the blowing, you can just put it away and hop in the truck without moving around the trailer. Just my thinking behind how I would do it.

That's a two edged sword. I always put the most used equipment on the passengers side that way your away from traffic when your getting your equipment on and off the rack. I've got the two BR 600 blowers and a triple rack on the passengers side and another triple on the drivers side. The big issue with mounting equipment on your trailer will depend on the size of the trailer you use.
The problem I see with putting a blower rack on the front end of the trailer is it can effect the maneuverability of the trailer depending on the length of the trailer tongue.

Threads
That's a two edged sword. I always put the most used equipment on the passengers side that way your away from traffic when your getting your equipment on and off the rack. I've got the two BR 600 blowers and a triple rack on the passengers side and another triple on the drivers side. The big issue with mounting equipment on your trailer will depend on the size of the trailer you use.
The problem I see with putting a blower rack on the front end of the trailer is it can effect the maneuverability of the trailer depending on the length of the trailer tongue.

Ya I agree with what you're saying with the traffic. And with the size of my trailer, I would only be able to put a trimmer rack on one side, and would have to put any other racks on the other side.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Trimmer rack is in drivers side. Blowers sit in the trailer.
I don't worry about traffic as most of the time we park in the driveway.

Threads

I don't worry about traffic either as I mow mostly in residential neighborhoods. But I can understand if you mow on major roads.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Parking in someones driveway is something we are not allowed to do nor would I. I wouldn't want that responsibility.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't worry about traffic either as I mow mostly in residential neighborhoods. But I can understand if you mow on major roads.

I mow in residential neighborhoods also but Still am parking on the streets and there is traffic to contend with and you can never tell when you may have to park on a major road to get to a job.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the input guys!

The trailer is a 6x12 with a tongue of about 3 feet I guess. That is a good point on the driver side and traffic. Maybe I could put one on passenger side and driver side. That way when we are two, we can both hit it with the blowers.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the input guys!

The trailer is a 6x12 with a tongue of about 3 feet I guess. That is a good point on the driver side and traffic. Maybe I could put one on passenger side and driver side. That way when we are two, we can both hit it with the blowers.

I don't know if this will work or not but you can try to look at the url and you can see how I have mine mounted. There on a 6x12 and there is plenty of room.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/ric-albums-trailer-setup-picture20070-caption.html