Looking for a replacement deck, what might be interchangeable with my present one??

cdestuck

Threads
  • / Looking for a replacement deck, what might be interchangeable with my present one??
I have a Lawn Boy model 10357 which is rear drive and has electric start. Well the deck is shot, yep rusted and no longer patchable. Engine, drive assy, and all is in great shape except the dang deck. I really would like to rebuild this mower with a new or good used deck but as far as a new deck, it appears that are no longer available. So I'm wondering is there is any info out there as to what other model decks might be interchangeable with model 10357. Sure would like to keep this engine running if I can. Thanks

cdestuck

Threads
  • / Looking for a replacement deck, what might be interchangeable with my present one??
Was able to find a few on eBay. This guy takes used but in nice shape decks, blasts them, powder coats them and repo stickers on them. 110 bucks with shipping. Think I'll buy one as it'll make a good mower for that amount.

jp1961

Threads
Are the powder coated decks steel or aluminum? I'd wonder if the normal sandblasting from use plus sandblasted again would make steel pretty thin. But new decks from Lawn-Boy are pretty expensive.