Help finding primer bulb assembly for a maruyama bl8200 backpack blower

GregW

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Help finding primer bulb assembly for a maruyama bl8200 backpack blower
Found the bulb assembly online its ridiculously priced. Looking for one that will fit, anyone know a cross reference part?
here is a pic of what I've got, unfortunately the blower fell and broke the primer assembly off and I cant find it.

from the edge of the bulb it appears to be 24 mm from edge to edge.

Attachments

• diameter of bulb.jpg
    diameter of bulb.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20150828_160502 (2).jpg
    20150828_160502 (2).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 14
  • housing.jpg
    housing.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 13

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me it looks like a standard primer bulb used on Walbro and Zama carbs. Look on your carb for a name and carb number. Any good repair shop should have them in stock. Cost is roughly $1.25

GregW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just to clarify I need the complete bulb assembly not just the bulb.

Thanks unfortunately I don't have it in front of me, its at shop at work. most of our shops around here just want to sell you a service, parts are much cheaper online, problem is I gotta know exactly what I want.
I did a search at the maruyama site and they don't list anywhere what type of carb that is. I heard these are kawasaki engines on these, can anyone verify that?
thanks!!

Lawnranger

Threads
Google the following: maruyama bl8200 and the second search result is a pdf of the IPL. Go to page 11 and look at #56 on the picture and page 12 to find reference# 3-56 part number 649363. Looks like a standard remote mounted snap in purge bulb. Many manufacturers use this style of purge bulb and any quality repair facility should stock these.

I bought 10 on feebay for $3.75 (including shipping) but had to wait two weeks to receive from overseas. I sell them for $3.00 each when I use them on repair jobs. The exact same bulb sells for $5.00 in the shops around where I live. Go figure.

GregW

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks!! I saw that it said it was NLA and obsolete and to use part number 415374, I looked on ebay and the net for interchangeable parts but all I saw was $20 OEM bulbs for that part number,

I did see what I thought was the right one on ebay but wasnt 100% sure and didnt want to wait 3 weeks and to find out if it would work.

This the one you think I need?
10 Pack Primer Bulb Bulbs Pump for Walbro 188 512 188 512 1 | eBay

Thanks Sooo much!

Lawnranger

Threads
thanks!! I saw that it said it was NLA and obsolete and to use part number 415374, I looked on ebay and the net for interchangeable parts but all I saw was $20 OEM bulbs for that part number,

I did see what I thought was the right one on ebay but wasnt 100% sure and didnt want to wait 3 weeks and to find out if it would work.

This the one you think I need?
10 Pack Primer Bulb Bulbs Pump for Walbro 188 512 188 512 1 | eBay

Thanks Sooo much!

Yep, those are the ones. Now don't go buying 10 of them if you don't need them. You can probably get one from your local mower shop for around $5.00 and not have to wait two weeks. Once you have your blower in hand, look at the base of the existing purge pump and it should have two locking fingers and one locator/alignment tab. Squeeze the two fingers together and remove the base. Take that to the mower shop with you and have them match it from there.

Good luck.

GregW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, those are the ones. Now don't go buying 10 of them if you don't need them. You can probably get one from your local mower shop for around $5.00 and not have to wait two weeks. Once you have your blower in hand, look at the base of the existing purge pump and it should have two locking fingers and one locator/alignment tab. Squeeze the two fingers together and remove the base. Take that to the mower shop with you and have them match it from there.

Good luck.

Ranger, that's my biggest problem, I don't have my pump assembly, I dropped it off the back of my truck and it cracked my air filter housing and my primer assembly went flying,

Thats why I'm having such a hard time matching it up, I've got nothing to work with!

naa I'll probably buy a 4 pack and get em from a us seller so I wont have to wait forever.

Thank you so much!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No dramas.
Just get any old remote primer and 6" of fuel line.
You can put it any where you like just plumb it in with the extra fuel line.
You hook the sucking side up to the carb and the blowing side to the fuel return line into the tank.
If need be you can make a little bracket to hold it.

GregW

Forum Newbie
Threads
No dramas.
Just get any old remote primer and 6" of fuel line.
You can put it any where you like just plumb it in with the extra fuel line.
You hook the sucking side up to the carb and the blowing side to the fuel return line into the tank.
If need be you can make a little bracket to hold it.

I was planning on doing that if I couldn't find the right primer assembly, but that was plan b.
thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is nothing engine specific to primers so for an external one , any one will do the job they all work the same.
Just be careful with the extra fuel line .
Every size comes in 2 wall thickness.
Thick wall for the suction line / Thin wall for the return just make sure they are a tight fit to the bulb and to the tank.