Kawasaki celebrates over 7 Million Engines built

Lawn Addict
Threads
Officials at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing Corp., U.S.A. and the Engine and Power Products Division of Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. recently joined together at the Maryville, MO, engine assembly plant to celebrate seven million engines having come off the facilityç—´ production lines. Executives recognized the accomplishmenté*￾chieved in less than 23 yearså‚*y pouring a bottle of champagne over an FX651V overhead valve V-twin engine.

The company built unit number five million in June 2007, and recent sales growth has seen a broad expansion of the production capabilities. The Maryville operation now employs 762 full-time staff, supplemented by almost 250 contract employees. The footprint exceeds 114 acres and facility expansion has seen the plant exceed 800,000 square feet, nearly three times its original size.

According to Steve Bratt, plant manager and vice president at KMM, å…¸he efforts of a tremendously motivated group of individuals has allowed Kawasaki to be successful here, and the largest share of the credit has to go to the Maryville-area workforce that staffs our planning offices and production lines.?/font>
The company produces more than 25 different engine models in Maryville as well as having a state-of-the-art research and development center at the facility. Engines are provided to some of the most well-known names in the lawn and garden industry, as well as to industrial and golf industry vehicle manufacturers.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
7394, Thanks for the press release. Have you cracked the code to communicate inside the bunker so we can get an answers to oil consumption and other questions?

Lawn Addict
Threads
motoman- My Toro came with a Big package including Toro Owners Manual & an Engine Booklet from Kawasaki, there is a phone number to Kawasaki in their book. Easy to get thru, I called last year about properly shutting off this engine after use.

Toro manual states to shut down @ WFO, that didn't sit right with me, so I called Kaw & asked to speak to a Tech, we talked for a while, but he stated that in NO way should this engine just be shut down @ WFO, he stated it could cause pre-ignition & possibly damage it.

Bottom line it was easy to get to a Kaw Tech on the phone.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
7394, Plus for Kaw letting owners get in touch. Now the forum owners with high oil consumption should call and ask...and tell us what Kaw says.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agreed.