McCulloch FR56 parts

deminin

Threads
I have a couple of old McCulloch FR56 trimmers, that I bought over 15 years ago. They run great, and I use one for trimming the tall weeds at the edge of the property, and the other I keep a saw blade on for cutting saplings, etc. However, I cannot find a source for parts for these old rascals. I am especially interested in getting new air filters for them...I have washed the foam filters several times, and they are getting "past their prime". Does anyone know of a parts source for these. I am tempted to just buy some foam, and cut some pieces to fit...if I can't find the real thing.

deminin

Threads

Thanks for the parts breakdowns....Even though this old FR56 isn't shown, it looks like MCC uses this same air filter on most of its bigger trimmers. A little searching indicates that the correct PN is 224239...or now that MTD seems to have taken over McCulloch, their PN is MC22423900. This is just a simple 2"X2" foam filter, and I found a couple of parts sites that sell them for under $3...think I'll order 2 or 3, and that should keep me going for years.

BTW...it appears that there are also a couple of these for sale on EBAY...for $10. I guess those sellers figure that since the part is hard to find, they will get the "max".

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not meaning to be pedantic, but as things stay in cyber space forever,
Didn't Husqvarna end up with McCulloch worldwie ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Husqvarna purchased McCulloch a few years ago, and supplied parts for about 4 years before closing down the entire line. I haven't been able to get OEM McCulloch parts for about 5 years now as a dealer.