anyone play w/ raptor deck level by counting adjuster turns?

bigdaddyr

Threads
  • / anyone play w/ raptor deck level by counting adjuster turns?
This whole thing is confusing to me. LOL. I'll have to check these blocks out.

I got my Raptor SD and it cut great right from the dealer.

This last weekend I lowered the rear of the deck by 1/4" measured from my garage floor to the bottom edge of the deck. It still cut well but not as well. The striping wasn't as pronounced. This next mowing I'll level it and lower the front 1/4". The cut looks great either way but I'll see how it looks then and repost. Still trying to figure out what I want to use for a stripe kit.

Hustler wants $102 for a rubber squeege with some hardware. For that I can figure it out.

Rick

577jersey

Threads
  • / anyone play w/ raptor deck level by counting adjuster turns?
Sorry, the Fastrak manual says that when you set the deck down on 3" blocks and adjust with the blocks in place, that the deck is automatically pitched forward about 1/4". The Raptor SD manual does not say anything similar. I do all my leveling with blocks under the deck, avoids the need to measure.

Demo Fastrak - Checked it by setting it on blocks and the front was 1/4" higher than the rear. If the manual is to be believed, then this deck was exactly level.

Raptor SD - The last time I set the deck pitch, I had a 3 1/4" block in the front and a 3" block in the rear, so I'm calling this pitched up in the front by 1/4".

My Fastrak - I adjusted it by setting it on 3" blocks all the way around. Again, if the manual is to be believed, this would be pitched down in the front by 1/4".

Confusing, I know, but it's all relative to where you're measuring from. I probably still didn't explain it very well.
You can use four 2x4's also,just need to use a lower deck setting,works great!