Windows 10

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well how many are going to download there new Windows 10 Today. I'm waiting to be notified and mines going to happen ASAP.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well how many are going to download there new Windows 10 Today. I'm waiting to be notified and mines going to happen ASAP.

I am using Windows 7. I will wait a while to see what people say and for any possible kinks to get worked out.

I am getting ready to built another computer, so I will upgrade it to Win 10 probably first.

What I am hearing so far are good things about it.

Bob E

Threads
I don't understand why they are just giving it away. Sees like something fishy going on... I don't even like downloading updates anymore. They always make my computer run like crap. Kind of like it's loaded down with spyware, but a virus scan never detects anything...
I have an old computer with XP that I would try it out on, but XP users are SOL.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am using Windows 7. I will wait a while to see what people say and for any possible kinks to get worked out.

I am getting ready to built another computer, so I will upgrade it to Win 10 probably first.

What I am hearing so far are good things about it.

I can't wait to get my notification so I can down load mine. I just hope it doesn't take to long. I was running the windows 7 but went to 8.1 when I upgraded computers and I don't have any issues with it and they say the 10 is even better.

Homer1

Threads
If you have windows 7, I would think about forgetting about the upgrade, at least until the last minute. You have roughly a year to upgrade for free, and lots of things can go wrong in that year.

I once upgraded to a Service Pack 3 in XP and it completely locked up one of my PC's due to a conflict with my AMD processor. I was forced to run SP2 after reformatting, and they never addressed the issue.

Windows 10 is basically a windows 8 with a start button and a handful of new technologies that they hope will catch on. If you have 8 or 8.1 and hate it, like my wife, then 10 is probably for you. It will make it easier for those who skilled 8 to understand 10, due to the ability to use the desktop like old school windows, as well as their tiles, which I hate.

I personally will wait at least a month or two to see if any major issues are reported prior to downloading the upgrade for my wife's PC.

As for mine, I have 7 Pro, and probably will until something new comes out, like 11.

IMO, the reason it's free is similar to the Xbox 360. They ran out 8 early, and skipped a lot of things, and realized it. So 10 is sort of a peace offering to get people back on board, and it's a complete 8. Much like the 360 was an engineering failure that they later corrected, after raking in lots of cash.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have windows 7, I would think about forgetting about the upgrade, at least until the last minute. You have roughly a year to upgrade for free, and lots of things can go wrong in that year.

I once upgraded to a Service Pack 3 in XP and it completely locked up one of my PC's due to a conflict with my AMD processor. I was forced to run SP2 after reformatting, and they never addressed the issue.

Windows 10 is basically a windows 8 with a start button and a handful of new technologies that they hope will catch on. If you have 8 or 8.1 and hate it, like my wife, then 10 is probably for you. It will make it easier for those who skilled 8 to understand 10, due to the ability to use the desktop like old school windows, as well as their tiles, which I hate.

I personally will wait at least a month or two to see if any major issues are reported prior to downloading the upgrade for my wife's PC.

As for mine, I have 7 Pro, and probably will until something new comes out, like 11.

IMO, the reason it's free is similar to the Xbox 360. They ran out 8 early, and skipped a lot of things, and realized it. So 10 is sort of a peace offering to get people back on board, and it's a complete 8. Much like the 360 was an engineering failure that they later corrected, after raking in lots of cash.

Well I just upgrade to a new computer and it's the 8.1 and I really like over the old 7 I was running. Personally I don't really know if the 10 is going to be that much better or not but I don't think any of the Intel processors are going to be an issue. I'll upgrade all the laptops as soon as I can and if there are any problems I'll let others know. At this point I'm still waiting for the notification.

Homer1

Threads
Well if your already at 8+ it's probably a win win to upgrade.

As for the notification, I have had mine for months, I am running 7 pro.

Wonder why your not getting it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well if your already at 8+ it's probably a win win to upgrade.

As for the notification, I have had mine for months, I am running 7 pro.

Wonder why your not getting it.

I've had it reserved for the last couple of months. It just became available on Tuesday. There rolling things out in phases to manage the high demand, particularly in the first weeks following Windows 10 availability.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't understand why they are just giving it away. Sees like something fishy going on... I don't even like downloading updates anymore. They always make my computer run like crap. Kind of like it's loaded down with spyware, but a virus scan never detects anything...
I have an old computer with XP that I would try it out on, but XP users are SOL.

You can buy Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store for XP or Vista, if your computer meets the requirements. XP was released in 2001 and there recommendations are that you use 10 on a newer model. The free upgrade is only available for windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users or so I was told.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well welcome to windows 10 and the Edge Browser.

Last edited: