Already thinking about leaf cleanup

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Aight. I hope I did well... We will see once I start.

Threads
Here's a picture of just one of the leaf jobs I did today (picture taken halfway through the front yard), as well as some more pictures of my backpack blower for anyone whose interested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here's a picture of just one of the leaf jobs I did today (picture taken halfway through the front yard), as well as some more pictures of my backpack blower for anyone whose interested.

Tomorrow When your blowing leaves.
Take the end tube off and see how it does.
I run all mine without it.
Some people like it some don't.

Threads
Tomorrow When your blowing leaves.
Take the end tube off and see how it does.
I run all mine without it.
Some people like it some don't.

Tomorrow and Friday I scheduled mostly lawns, but I have leaf cleanups Saturday, so I will try it then. Wouldn't it reduce the amount of air hitting the leaves since it spreads out before it gets to them? I'm kind of tall so it would be a decent distance away from the leaves. I'm just asking, as I have never done before what you suggested.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tomorrow and Friday I scheduled mostly lawns, but I have leaf cleanups Saturday, so I will try it then. Wouldn't it reduce the amount of air hitting the leaves since it spreads out before it gets to them? I'm kind of tall so it would be a decent distance away from the leaves. I'm just asking, as I have never done before what you suggested.

I find I can move more leaves.
Give it a honest try.

Threads
I find I can move more leaves.
Give it a honest try.

Ya I'll try to remember to do it Saturday. You have to get a balance between tube width and tube length (change cfm/air speed) I think to get the best performance...I'm curious to see how what you suggested works.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We started on 5 acres today. Leaves were not that heavy. I got three loads in my new leaf cart so far. We have some more to do tomorrow.

Threads
Yesterday I cut half of my lawns for the second to last time. The rest I am going to do Monday and Tuesday and they will be good until the final cut around Thanksgiving. I was going to do all my leaf jobs today, but it's the second day in a row with 40 mph winds. It would be useless. Hint: One way to make your leaf blower seem super underpowered is to try to blow the leaves against the 40mph winds. :laughing: Good news is with the rain we had the other day, plus 2 days of wind, it should bring down the rest of the leaves on a lot of the trees. :thumbsup: I will probably work tomorrow just to get some jobs done. It's also really cold today with a wind chill in the 30's right now.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Temp is 60 today. On our way to the lake. Doing some fishing.

Threads
Temp is 60 today. On our way to the lake. Doing some fishing.

Nice! Starting tomorrow it's supposed to around 60 for 4 days in a row, but I honestly want it to be colder so the grass goes dormant. I love warm weather, but it makes it tough to know when to finish the season. :confused2: