Already thinking about leaf cleanup

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I go for the 770T, is it too loud that people will be upset by the noise? I live in a neighborhood, so there are houses nextdoor, and I don't want people to get angry. I can wear ear protection, but for everyone else it is going to be loud.

Well I don't believe anyone will say anything, it's not like you will be continually be using the thing. It's a 73 db so it shouldn't be that loud anyway. My Stihl is 75 db but it doesn't have the same sound as a two stroke. That's why I like it. Stihl built the BR 500 for those noise restricted neighborhoods. I'm not sure the model that echo has for that but I'm sure they have one. I don't wear ear protection with any of the Stihl, not that I'm telling not to but it's just to hot here for that stuff.

Threads
Well I don't believe anyone will say anything, it's not like you will be continually be using the thing. It's a 73 db so it shouldn't be that loud anyway. My Stihl is 75 db but it doesn't have the same sound as a two stroke. That's why I like it. Stihl built the BR 500 for those noise restricted neighborhoods. I'm not sure the model that echo has for that but I'm sure they have one. I don't wear ear protection with any of the Stihl, not that I'm telling not to but it's just to hot here for that stuff.

This is Echo's low noise model: ECHO PB-760LNT Powerful Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA

Hopefully with the 770 if I get it, the leaf cleanups will go a lot quicker so I won't be making noise for as long of a time.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it worth the extra money? that's up to the individual buying it. Can you buy a blower in the same cfm & velocity range some cheaper yes. Are they heavy 22 to 24lbs is heavy yes and there all going to be in the 70's for db or noise range. If what you want is a Back Pack blower I'd go the dealer and get him to let you compare blower sizes and makes there in the parking lot and judge for your self the differences and get what your comfortable with. If you look at price and who has the best price for top end blowers you'll have to go with the Stihl BR 600 because you can buy them at most dealers for $479 OTD. The nice thing about a top end or big blowers is they pay for themselves.
Like Ric said, they pay for themselves. I bought the 500. It is a good machine. However it is too small to do the job. I have one hanging my trailer. It is right beside the 802 Shindiawa. If we need two we run it. If not we run the bigger one. We also have an Echo hand held on the trailer as well and we do use it many times for light stuff. Now with that said, if you buy one and never run a bigger one or work along side anybody that has a bigger one you won't know the difference. If you do though and realize the difference you will be sick probably for not spending the few extra dollars,and getting the bigger unit.

Threads
Like Ric said, they pay for themselves. I bought the 500. It is a good machine. However it is too small to do the job. I have one hanging my trailer. It is right beside the 802 Shindiawa. If we need two we run it. If not we run the bigger one. We also have an Echo hand held on the trailer as well and we do use it many times for light stuff. Now with that said, if you buy one and never run a bigger one or work along side anybody that has a bigger one you won't know the difference. If you do though and realize the difference you will be sick probably for not spending the few extra dollars,and getting the bigger unit.

Ya, I think you two have convinced me on buying the 770. Don't like the price, but I'm sure I will like the results.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya, I think you two have convinced me on buying the 770. Don't like the price, but I'm sure I will like the results.

I ended up paying in the $600 range for the 804 Shindiawa after taxes ect. Only regret is I did not buy a second one when I bought the 500 Echo. I know it was high but the day I bought it we were on a bind and had to have one that day and that was the closest dealer.

Going the extra mile that day on a clean up however helped me land a very good 12 month contract.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just red/scanned your thread.

Answers to your concernes:

"I am not a big guy": Same here and I do just fine with the BR430. Even the 5' girl who works with me handles it fine. She likes it better than the handheld blower.
"Expensive" Yeah they are money at first, but then you make even more in a short time. They are worth it and get the strongest one you can. I am getting a BR600 this fall so that we can run 2 back pack blowers. Get it done faster.
"Noise" Screw that. When the neighbors get a pool installed or other work needing heavy machinery, it makes noise, but people understand. They need those tools to get the job done. The same with you. You need that blower to get the job done. Don't worry about the picky ones.

Threads
Just red/scanned your thread.

Answers to your concernes:

"I am not a big guy": Same here and I do just fine with the BR430. Even the 5' girl who works with me handles it fine. She likes it better than the handheld blower.
"Expensive" Yeah they are money at first, but then you make even more in a short time. They are worth it and get the strongest one you can. I am getting a BR600 this fall so that we can run 2 back pack blowers. Get it done faster.
"Noise" Screw that. When the neighbors get a pool installed or other work needing heavy machinery, it makes noise, but people understand. They need those tools to get the job done. The same with you. You need that blower to get the job done. Don't worry about the picky ones.

Good input :thumbsup:

Threads
Within the next week or so I am going to be making a flyer for leaf cleanups, and will post it on here to see what you all think. My goal is to target this on area I have a few lawns in that has lots of old, large trees, because I know in the fall every square inch of that area has leaves. There are around 4 big trees in every yard.

Threads
I want to get the blower soon, because I like new equipment, but I know it really won't get used much until leaf season. So maybe sometime in September. Or August if I just want to get it early. :rolleyes:

Threads
Well my mind is set. I am going to get the 770T. I think it will be worth it. And I am going to get the tube-mounted throttle so that way if I really want to blow some leaves I can have my handheld blower in my left hand, and the backpack blower tube in the right hand (I wouldn't really do that-haha). I am going to get it at the end of August so I can have all of September to "break it in" and get used to the controls before the leaf season begins in October. Can't wait.