Already thinking about leaf cleanup

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I guess, but some of the yards I do I only blow off the driveway (which can fit around 4 cars), and the street in front of the house (maybe 4 car lengths). U figured it would be more of a hastle because the handheld blower you just pick it up and go.

The Handheld does have that advantage of just picking it up and going but the back pack does the job faster with less steps which ups your productivity, which you being in lawn-care should be a concern. The 580 isn't going to do the job much better than your hand held to increase your productivity. That's one reason for the bigger unit.

Threads
The Handheld does have that advantage of just picking it up and going but the back pack does the job faster with less steps which ups your productivity, which you being in lawn-care should be a concern. The 580 isn't going to do the job much better than your hand held to increase your productivity. That's one reason for the bigger unit.

Just curious what makes you think the specs on the 580 are incorrect? And I'm not a big guy so I was trying to keep the weight down as well, as well as the noise level, that's why I liked my handheld. And yes I know there is a low noise backpack blower but it's more expensive then the 770.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just curious what makes you think the specs on the 580 are incorrect? And I'm not a big guy so I was trying to keep the weight down as well, as well as the noise level, that's why I liked my handheld. And yes I know there is a low noise backpack blower but it's more expensive then the 770.

Your spec sheet you posted is undoubtedly wrong. The unit is so new they don't even have it on there Product Information PDF yet. Lets look at the PB 770T for an example, There site tells you that the 770 is 756cfm with 234 mph performance when in reality and according to there own Product Information PDF it has 765 cfm with 204 max velocity. So if the 580 with the figures they say is right at 215 Max velocity it's more powerful than the 770. Go to there site and look at the 770T click on it, bring it up and above there picture you'll see the Product Information PDF just click on it, it will take a few seconds to load then scroll to the bottom of the page and it tells you the true spec's of all there blowers and there comparisons to all the other manufacturers. The thing you wont see on there sheet is the 580 because they haven't added it yet. There PB 500 they say on there site it's 465 cfm @ 195mph yet the Product Information PDF says 450 @ 162 mph so the way I see it the 580 wont be to much better.

Threads
Your spec sheet you posted is undoubtedly wrong. The unit is so new they don't even have it on there Product Information PDF yet. Lets look at the PB 770T for an example, There site tells you that the 770 is 756cfm with 234 mph performance when in reality and according to there own Product Information PDF it has 765 cfm with 204 max velocity. So if the 580 with the figures they say is right at 215 Max velocity it's more powerful than the 770. Go to there site and look at the 770T click on it, bring it up and above there picture you'll see the Product Information PDF just click on it, it will take a few seconds to load then scroll to the bottom of the page and it tells you the true spec's of all there blowers and there comparisons to all the other manufacturers. The thing you wont see on there sheet is the 580 because they haven't added it yet. There PB 500 they say on there site it's 465 cfm @ 195mph yet the Product Information PDF says 450 @ 162 mph so the way I see it the 580 wont be to much better.

So let's say I decide the 770 is worth the extra money. Is it unbearably heavy or crazy loud? Because I know 3 dB is a big difference.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So let's say I decide the 770 is worth the extra money. Is it unbearably heavy or crazy loud? Because I know 3 dB is a big difference.

Is it worth the extra money? that's up to the individual buying it. Can you buy a blower in the same cfm & velocity range some cheaper yes. Are they heavy 22 to 24lbs is heavy yes and there all going to be in the 70's for db or noise range. If what you want is a Back Pack blower I'd go the dealer and get him to let you compare blower sizes and makes there in the parking lot and judge for your self the differences and get what your comfortable with.
If you look at price and who has the best price for top end blowers you'll have to go with the Stihl BR 600 because you can buy them at most dealers for $479 OTD. The nice thing about a top end or big blowers is they pay for themselves.

LoCo86

Threads
I understand what your saying. The thing is its going to sit in my garage from mid December until October, because a handheld is the only thing I need for blowing grass off the sidewalks, so I really don't want to spend that much for it.

Even if you use your handheld for the mowing months I as well as others will tell you that you will wish you got the biggest blower you could get for leaves. I don't know why you would want to be brand loyal. Me personally I want to use the products I feel are best for the job. For me it's all Stihl products except for my newest handheld addition which is the Redmax EBZ8500 which is a monster. I'll still use my BR600 for mowing use but when it comes time for leaves I'm bringing out the 8500. But I have heard Echo is coming out with a blower that is suppose to blow 1000 CFM.

Threads
Even if you use your handheld for the mowing months I as well as others will tell you that you will wish you got the biggest blower you could get for leaves. I don't know why you would want to be brand loyal. Me personally I want to use the products I feel are best for the job. For me it's all Stihl products except for my newest handheld addition which is the Redmax EBZ8500 which is a monster. I'll still use my BR600 for mowing use but when it comes time for leaves I'm bringing out the 8500. But I have heard Echo is coming out with a blower that is suppose to blow 1000 CFM.

I have heard about the 1000 CFM Echo as well. That would be cool

Threads
Is it worth the extra money? that's up to the individual buying it. Can you buy a blower in the same cfm & velocity range some cheaper yes. Are they heavy 22 to 24lbs is heavy yes and there all going to be in the 70's for db or noise range. If what you want is a Back Pack blower I'd go the dealer and get him to let you compare blower sizes and makes there in the parking lot and judge for your self the differences and get what your comfortable with.
If you look at price and who has the best price for top end blowers you'll have to go with the Stihl BR 600 because you can buy them at most dealers for $479 OTD. The nice thing about a top end or big blowers is they pay for themselves.

Yeah I'll have to go to the dealer sometime towards the end of the summer to decide.

Threads
If I go for the 770T, is it too loud that people will be upset by the noise? I live in a neighborhood, so there are houses nextdoor, and I don't want people to get angry. I can wear ear protection, but for everyone else it is going to be loud.