Husqvarna 28cc 2-Cycle 128LD 17-in Straight Shaft Gas String Trimmer

fmitchelltx

Threads
  • / Husqvarna 28cc 2-Cycle 128LD 17-in Straight Shaft Gas String Trimmer
I am considering purchasing this string trimmer but wanted to get opinions on it before I make the purchase. I am planning on purchasing from Lowes as I have a gift card.

I have had other cheap trimmers that don't last or are just plain junk. I am ready to move up to a better trimmer and have read mostly good reviews on this one.

Should I purchase a two year extended warranty for $24.95?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you don't mind being without trimmer for an average of 2-4 weeks for Lowes sending trimmer out for repair you may want to consider extended warranty, otherwise no.

fmitchelltx

Threads
I went to Lowes today and looked at the Husqvarna trimmer. The dept. manager helped me. He told me that Husqvarna repairs are done by local Husqvarna approved service shops. I would not actually take it back to Lowes. The other brands they carry, Troy Bilt MTD etc. would be brought back to Lowes. Husqvarna has a limited manufacturer warranty for 2 years right out of the box. The Lowes extended warranty covers everything and is not limited. Does that seem right? I think that sounds a little bit of sales hype rather than reality. If ttue, should I get the dept. manager to write that and sign it? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I went to Lowes today and looked at the Husqvarna trimmer. The dept. manager helped me. He told me that Husqvarna repairs are done by local Husqvarna approved service shops. I would not actually take it back to Lowes. The other brands they carry, Troy Bilt MTD etc. would be brought back to Lowes. Husqvarna has a limited manufacturer warranty for 2 years right out of the box. The Lowes extended warranty covers everything and is not limited. Does that seem right? I think that sounds a little bit of sales hype rather than reality. If ttue, should I get the dept. manager to write that and sign it? Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

He is right and telling the truth.
And if you buy it and don't like it within 30 days you can bring it back.
And you can bring it back if it breaks before the warranty runs out. And they will give you a new one. This is where the box stores win over the dealers.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am considering purchasing this string trimmer but wanted to get opinions on it before I make the purchase. I am planning on purchasing from Lowes as I have a gift card. I have had other cheap trimmers that don't last or are just plain junk. I am ready to move up to a better trimmer and have read mostly good reviews on this one. Should I purchase a two year extended warranty for $24.95? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Always buy the extended warranty.
This is a good trimmer I have one with I guess close to 500 hours on it. Starts every day two pulls. Plenty of power.
I have never even changed the plug.

Now I do not like the head.
I run a speed feed 400 head.

fmitchelltx

Threads
Always buy the extended warranty.
This is a good trimmer I have one with I guess close to 500 hours on it. Starts every day two pulls. Plenty of power.
I have never even changed the plug.

Now I do not like the head.
I run a speed feed 400 head.

Thank you very much! I will be purchasing soon.