Gravely ZT vs Ariens Zoom 42''

Lschinaia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,

I have a Kubota 6100E that spit the bit again, it's a great tractor but the local service center charges over a thousand dollars each time it needs even the smallest repair because it's "imported" parts. Anyway, I would like to buy a ZTR mower and have it narrowed in my price range between the Gravely 42'' and the Ariens 42'' both get rave reviews but I wanted to know if anyone knows which would be better for my 2 acre lawn with lots of trees?

I would love the Gravely, but the Ariens has a better price point too. I talked to the Ariens chat support and they even said I should go with the Gravely. I don't know what to do, I'd like to stay at 2,500 for the mower because then the payments would be like 50 dollars a month. Does anyone have an Ariens 42''?

What's the differences? Any advice would be most welcomed.

Leigh

tbarnett

Threads
Other than the paint scheme, the only difference is the engine. Gravely offers an engine that may be 1 step above the Ariens.

Jeralynk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes real difference is engine and maybe HP

Lschinaia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes real difference is engine and maybe HP

Thanks guys, I think their decks are a little different too. Does anyone here own an Ariens? are you happy with it? I'm just looking for some feedback.

tbarnett

Threads
Thanks guys, I think their decks are a little different too. Does anyone here own an Ariens? are you happy with it? I'm just looking for some feedback.

When I was shopping for a mower I looked at the Gravely & Ariens line of Z turns. I did a side by side comparison of the two and when asked about any differences, the salesman admitted other than a higher HP engine and the paint scheme, they are exactly the same mower. Why spend more for a name (Gravely) if the lower HP Ariens suits your needs?

A neighbor of mine owns an Ariens and loves it.

Lschinaia

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I was shopping for a mower I looked at the Gravely & Ariens line of Z turns. I did a side by side comparison of the two and when asked about any differences, the salesman admitted other than a higher HP engine and the paint scheme, they are exactly the same mower. Why spend more for a name (Gravely) if the lower HP Ariens suits your needs?

A neighbor of mine owns an Ariens and loves it.

Thanks, I figured as much I just was concerned when the Ariens support was pointing towards the Gravely as a better option. But I guess they would make more profit. I just thought maybe the Gravely was better crafted, but I'll certainly try the Ariens.