d105 won't shift

gainestruk

Threads
I agree ryenoldstin, this RT400 model has had problems, I haven't heard much about the RS800
I know at the Sears store in Shawnee Ok has some lawn tractors I think they were pro series 22 and 24 that have the RT800 I looked it over and it's pretty robust, I would like to try one of them out.

I'm with you I think before long the CVT will take over and it will do a better job than the hydros and last longer.
My father inlaw and sister Inlaw have CVT transmission both over 7 years with no problem, when they get the lawn tractor size CVT worked out they will be a great change.

One thing strange if you look online they have tuff-torq hydros but at the local store it has RS800.
I went to see which Tuff Torq they were using and found the general transmission in them.
I ask one of the workers and they had no idea.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

jped

Forum Newbie
Threads
:frown: most owners of the d105 are having problems with small stones binding up the linkage. This is what the JD repairman stated to me. Sounds like a faulty design.
we have a john deere D105 and it won't shift into reverse. what needs to be done to it to get it working like it use to?

Cool-Ace

Threads
:frown: most owners of the d105 are having problems with small stones binding up the linkage. This is what the JD repairman stated to me. Sounds like a faulty design.

It has been yrs since I used a forum and as such I hope I am replying properly . With that said I will have to agree most the D105 JD's are junk now and this tranny is no better ! Such like we have a Dodge Caliber with suck like tranny can't check fluid dealer want 25 just to check and another 25 to add if needed so yea any tranny like these made today are junk and nothing like the old Simplities now they were one tough tranny . Enough about that here is my problem !? Help if any is appreciated :) I got a few mowers I use 2 for what ever my wife has one and her mother bought her a new JD D105 about 18 months ago ( I got the old one giving me 3 ;) ) SO this Q? is about her newer D105 with junk for tranny ! As was already talked about it stuck in reverse but not the same issue other have mentioned or found on Google search not even on You Tube ! So I would search watch read and search some more or try something I would find ! Well I did take the shift lever cover lose the one on the fender this helped me get it to at least change it back to N and to F to start it and even move it but then in R again it would hang after playing with it I noticed the gas/clutch pedal seamed to move as if it was not in place right ! So in R while running I lifted pedal with my heel or side of foot this let it shift with ease ! Now I hope u got the answer I am going to ask next ? Does anyone have a repair manual or where to download one and if not do u know if and how to adjust the linkage on this pedal so it don't fall from the top position or tighten it so no play in it ? Thank U btw new to forum :) :cool:-Ace