2009 is3000 Ferris

David Peck

Forum Newbie
Threads
This unit has 398 hrs and I have owned it since April. It ran a little ruff and started hard so took it to the dealer for a check up and they recommended a new carb and also change the plugs and all filters and oil. After getting it home and really getting into the mowing season I believe that this thing has a problem. It has a 27 hp Kohler CV740-0009 which seems to be running ok if your on the flat but cannot climb the slightest hill without running out of power completely. In all fairness maybe they aren't capable of 30 degree long slopes. I can't figure out where the power loss is.

KrashnKraka

Threads
This unit has 398 hrs and I have owned it since April. It ran a little ruff and started hard so took it to the dealer for a check up and they recommended a new carb and also change the plugs and all filters and oil. After getting it home and really getting into the mowing season I believe that this thing has a problem. It has a 27 hp Kohler CV740-0009 which seems to be running ok if your on the flat but cannot climb the slightest hill without running out of power completely. In all fairness maybe they aren't capable of 30 degree long slopes. I can't figure out where the power loss is.

This unit has >2K hours, according to the blah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j54QonBUFJk

Fair enough the turkey is demoing it over a stone driveway
however the operation says to me it will climb mountains.
Maybe your pumps are cavitating?
Engine temp on the flat is within reason?