Snapper Pro S200x vs Scag

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice catch haha.

Ric knows a lot about mowers. He is just blindly biased and hates Briggs so much that he refuses to try or even believe that any brand affiliated with them is a good machine.

Sonders

Threads
I'd still be interested in that Snapper since it's not that far from me, but I'm assuming it's sold and they just forgot to delete the post since they won't respond.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah. Salem Rental and Bluegrass over in Louisville are closest Scag dealers to me. Both Turf Tigers are 11' models with Velocity Plus deck. I have looked at the Cheetah as well, but haven't came across any descent used ones. I'm open to any commercial Scag mower; just been mentioning the ones I've actually found so far. Kind of tossing around the idea of settling for 52" deck if I have to. I've seen a few low hr machines in 52" just hated to drop down in size.

If the Turf Tiger is all the machine any homeowner would ever need. The Cheetah I thought is kinda cool with the suspension seat but like I said the Toro is what I'd by if I was serious about the platform cause it's a better set up than the Scag. If those Turf Tigers have the velocity Plus decks there definitely a better built deck than whats on the Snappers, there a tri plate with 7 ga skirts and that's hard to beat. Just curious but have you considered or looked at the Toro Z Master series, the 3,5 and 6000 are real nice mowers.

Sonders

Threads
Ric I have not considered Toro. I've never even seen a Toro in person. I'll have to do a dealer search; none of the dealers I've been to carry them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric I have not considered Toro. I've never even seen a Toro in person. I'll have to do a dealer search; none of the dealers I've been to carry them.

If you don't have a Toro dealer close that you can get support for the mower I wouldn't worry about it. I guess I'm pretty lucky because I have a dealer 3 miles down the road that sells Toro, Hustler, Scag and Cub Cadet so I can get support for any of the four. I'd stay with Scag and your local Scag dealer and have their support.

Sonders

Threads
Really want Tiger Cat with Kawi engine, but can't find a nice used one; guess that should tell me something.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Really want Tiger Cat with Kawi engine, but can't find a nice used one; guess that should tell me something.

Yeah it's saying the people who have them aren't giving them up and the problem is when you do find one they want an arm and leg for it and at that point you may want to consider a new Tiger Cat.

Sonders

Threads
I'll keep looking. May have to borrow a mower for a few weeks until I find one.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd still be interested in that Snapper since it's not that far from me, but I'm assuming it's sold and they just forgot to delete the post since they won't respond.

If it hasn't sold that isn't a bad price for a low hour s200xt, but it's not a 2013 model. The owner may have purchased it in 2013 but it's a 2012 model or older. My dad was looking to trade his last season for a ferris (he wanted the suspension) and the dealer offered him $5k for his. He had 150 hours on it and thought their offer was low. He decided to keep his and put a suspension seat on it.