Snapper Pro S200x vs Scag

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm assuming you live in Kentucky since I saw the exact same mower on Craigslist. It does look like a very clean mower. I live in Louisville and the main reason I went with a scag was because of dealer support. It also seems as though all the pro's in Louisville use scag.

They use the Scag's here also, them Toro, Exmark and Hustler all have good dealer support.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd stay with your first choice and go with the Scag, first choice is always the best choice besides it's a lot better mower. It has better drives than the Snapper 5400 It has the dual 10cc pumps and large capacity wheel motors and there a lot more responsive than the Hydro gear stuff and you can get the Tiger cat with the Kawasaki FX engine and velocity deck which are better than the snapper has IMO. Besides that unless your mowing for a living you don't need 5400 drives for anything. The only thing the 5400 drives will do for you is get you a faster transport speed, it's not going to cut any faster. Transport speeds come in handy when your a mile or two from the truck and trailer mowing and you need to get back quicker, that's why the pro's use them. The other nice thing about the Scag is your resale will be better down the road if you should decide to sell it sometime.

You would have no idea which is the better mower because you have never used a snapper pro mower. Your opinion is biased and based solely on your hate for snapper pro's parent company Briggs & Stratton, and not on any actual experience with the machine.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Snapper I'm looking at is a 13' model with 70 hrs. Waiting to hear back from seller to see what engine it has on it.

How is the cut with them? They stripe fairly well? All the Scags I've been on stripe awesome.

By looking at the pictures of the snapper pro mower on Craig's list, it appears as though it has a fx series Kawasaki engine. Most likely the fx801v. It has the twin fuel tanks and flat free front tires. It's not a 2013 model though. It looks like a 2012. The 2013 models and newer have a knob on the floor panel so it can be removed to get easy access to the top of the deck.

Sonders

Threads
Haha, you guys are right, it's the one in Etown. Really clean looking mower. I was looking at the 125xt before settling on my Hustler that I just sold. I ran it around the local dealers back lot for a little bit. It didn't seem bad. Figured the 200 would be even better.
Looking at two different Turf Tigers right now. The one previously mentioned with 29 dfi Kawasaki and one with Vanguard 35 hp. Person with Snapper never responded.

Sonders

Threads
I'm actually in Southern, IN and do not have dealer for either brand very close; close to an hr away. What I do like about Scag is I can order parts online pretty easy for them. There is a good mix of Scag and Hustler between the Pro's around here; also starting to see more Kubota's around.

whelch1

Threads
A bunch of guys I work with live in southern Indiana. They all seem to be hustler and big dog fans. I do believe there is a scag dealer in Salem but I'm not sure if that is anywhere close to you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Haha, you guys are right, it's the one in Etown. Really clean looking mower. I was looking at the 125xt before settling on my Hustler that I just sold. I ran it around the local dealers back lot for a little bit. It didn't seem bad. Figured the 200 would be even better.
Looking at two different Turf Tigers right now. The one previously mentioned with 29 dfi Kawasaki and one with Vanguard 35 hp. Person with Snapper never responded.

Do you know what deck the Turf Tiger has? Is it the Velocity Plus? The new machines have the VP and that thing is a real heavy well built deck.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sonders if you have a Scag dealer close I'd check that new Cheetah out. It runs between 9 and 10k but what a mower. It has the nice suspension platform, it's not as nice as the toro but it's sweet and would have a really nice ride.

Sonders

Threads
Yeah. Salem Rental and Bluegrass over in Louisville are closest Scag dealers to me. Both Turf Tigers are 11' models with Velocity Plus deck. I have looked at the Cheetah as well, but haven't came across any descent used ones. I'm open to any commercial Scag mower; just been mentioning the ones I've actually found so far. Kind of tossing around the idea of settling for 52" deck if I have to. I've seen a few low hr machines in 52" just hated to drop down in size.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sonders if you have a Scag dealer close I'd check that new Cheetah out. It runs between 9 and 10k but what a mower. It has the nice suspension platform, it's not as nice as the toro but it's sweet and would have a really nice ride.

You do realize the cheetah and the s200xt run the exact same zt5400 hydros you claimed wasn't as good as the tiger cat don't you? Funny how it's all of a sudden a great machine with those hydros.