Cub Cadet LT 1045 not starting

MarkMows

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Cub Cadet model LT1045 lawn tractor, factory number 13AX11CH056.

I am not a repair guy, but on a previous owned Craftsman law tractor, I put in a new solenoid to solve this problem.

I turn the ignition key and ... nothing. The amp meter does light and so do the headlights.

The solenoid does not make a click sound.

I plan to change the solenoid. 3 questions.

1. Are solenoids for all LT1045 the same, or do I need a specific one related to my "factory" number, 13AX11CH056 ?

2. What is a good online source for this.

3. THe solenoid looks awkward to get at. Is it best to remove the batterery and pieces around the solenoid to remove it, or is it possible, and better to remove the plastic "dash" to get at the solenoid? It would appear that to remove the dash the wheel needs to be removed also.

Thanks

MarkMows .... ok, I also have a blade for it to do snow removal on the driveway....

lugnut1

Threads
before you start throwing parts at it id check the start circuit with 12v test light

easy check: you have a 20amp fuse (see schematic)

check ignition sw. contacts and posts for good connections
then trace the starting circuit
there's a diagram showing the ignition sw. contacts used in the start position ,this the circuit (wires) you'll want to test.

here is your mower

click on the 13ax11ch056 (elect. schematic is on page 48) you can download manual to your computer

Cub Cadet LT 1045

Last edited:

MarkMows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thx Lugnut.

I should have stated, I did check the fuse, even replaced it for good measure since I had several.

Mark

Mikel1

Threads
Is this a 3 or 4 pole solenoid, looks like a 3 pole on lugnut's link but making sure?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hope you the best of luck finding your problem. Never do you just start replacing parts till you hope to find the problem. My first suggestion is start with a wiring diagram and a volt meter and just repair what is needed. The last 1045 Cub I had in my shop with the same problem you are having had a bad PTO switch not saying that is your problem without testing it first. If you just don't understand electric or know how to read a electric diagram get some help, it will save you money in the long run.

lugnut1

Threads
Is this a 3 or 4 pole solenoid, looks like a 3 pole on lugnut's link but making sure?

strange schematic shows a 3 post solenoid
ran the part number that gives a 4 post. :rolleyes:

note:
mark if its a 3 post make sure the mounting bracket has good contact ground with chassis.
(you might get lucky)

Last edited:

Mikel1

Threads
strange schematic shows a 3 post solenoid
ran the part number that gives a 4 post. :rolleyes:

Good then it's not just me.lol
I will wait for the op to respond to be sure, with a piece of wire we would know if solenoid is bad in a few minutes.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by checking you have voltage at the power feed wire from the battery to the solenoid.
If you do then jimp rom it to the small terminal on the solenoid.
If the starter spins you hae a switch problem.
Take Ren's advice, find the problem first.
Can't tell you how many owners come in with starting problems tat they can not "fix" having spent up to $ 500 replacing solenoids, switches, batteries & starter motors when all they needed was the tappet nut turned 45 degrees .

MarkMows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys!

I clearly am not a mechanic, but willing to try.

I'll report back after the weekend and let you know the results!