2009 Lazer Z AS No movement right side

Andymckee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a 2009 Exmark lazer z 27hp 60" deck from a dealer out of Bloomington, IL. The mower had 1360 hours on it when i purchased it and now has 1385. Was mowing a large property and all of the sudden the right side quit working. Left side works fine but the right side only moves if the control is pushed all the way forward then it whines really loud and will move a few feet and quit again. Was wondering if anyone had an idea if it could be anything besides a bad hydro pump or if so can i get the pump rebuilt?

Thanks in advance Andy.

clpolcar

Threads
If you have basic skills you can rebuild the hydro pump yourself. I rebuilt my hydro gear pump a few times. Pretty simple. The wheel motor could have quit also

Andymckee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you rebuilt the same style pump this has? I can't seem to find a rebuild kit for it

clpolcar

Threads
I'm pretty sure it's a hydro gear. Am I correct? If so just take the pump model number and information that's on it to your local exmark dealer and ask for a rebuild kit. There actually pretty simple to do if you take your time and make sure you replace everything

Andymckee

Forum Newbie
Threads
to be honest I'm not sure if it is. Its not like the older style hydro exmark with seperate pump and wheel motor its all connected there is no hydraulic lines.

clpolcar

Threads
Does it have the transaxle?

Andymckee

Forum Newbie
Threads
don't think so.. it has 2 hydro pumps and wheel motors like older style just in one piece instead of having lines between.

clpolcar

Threads
Can you post a picture of the system? I have a navigator that's just like that I think. The lines I believe run out of the back

Andymckee

Forum Newbie
Threads
heres what my pump looks like

Attachments

• hydro img.gif
    hydro img.gif
    147.2 KB · Views: 13

clpolcar

Threads
What the model number and I will look up and see what I can find.