Mower deck Husqvarna Yth22V46 out of deck adjustment

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am leveling the deck of my mower and I am out of adjustment. the left side needs to raise up about another 1/2" and I am out of thread. does anyone have any idea on what I need to look at for more adjustment.

thanks

gainestruk

Threads
Are you leveling with deck down ?
Have you recently had deck off, if so make sure it is hooked up right.
Lastly have you hit something that might have bent the deck or hangers.

Be sure and follow directions in manual for adjustment.
Give us some answers to this and someone might think of what your problem is.

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the deck raised to the highest position.
never messed with the deck before, so it has never been off.
I have young kids mowing my lawn so they could have hit something..

I went step by step with the manual. DO I need to take the fenders off to look at everything and make sure there is no damage?
it is kind of like they use it for a step.

I can add washers to the adjustment nut, but I am OCD about stuff like that. I just want it to be right.

thanks

gainestruk

Threads
Before doing anything else set adjustment nuts on each side to the center and start again, with both centered check height then turn high side down one turn check both sides again, if more needed go to opposite side and turn up one turn, go back and fourth that will give you more adjustment than just one side.
Make sure tires are aired up to same amount, I run 10 lbs on rear and 12 lbs on front on most mowers.
You don't have to turn full turn each time when you get close turn a little each side.
The front of deck needs to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the back, that adjusts with bolt under nose of tractor.

If after a couple full turns each side and it's still out you need to look for bent hangers.
Look for scarred or chipped paint or twisting, check to see if each side looks the same.
You can take fender pan off just remember to hook wires back up for seat safety or mower won't start.

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
my mower does not have right side adjustment.

gainestruk

Threads
I just saw your other thread, I wonder if when deck is all way up you are hitting frame or hanger not letting you adjust it.
Try going down to middle setting and see if you can level deck, and the anti scalp wheels should be 1/4" above ground, you don't want deck to ride on wheels, they will wear out very fast.

As far as deck height I remember a thread a few months ago someone saying the deck didn't mow as high as it states in manual.

My reply will take thread to top of list, might get someone else to weigh in if they have experience with this mower.

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took the mower off and the rear mower bracket looks like it is leaning a little. I am not sure if it is supposed to be plumb or leaning as is. I don't see cracked paint but I am hoping that is the problem. I think I will take the mower to a dealer to see if they see anything wrong with it.