newbie who can't start his mower, HELP!

Lawnnewbie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, newbie here and I need some help.

Craftsman LT 2000 21.0 HP
Briggs&Stratton
Model: 331877 0869 G5

About 2 weeks ago the lawn mower wouldn't start up again after jumping off the mower to move the car in the driveway. I thought maybe it was the battery. Ran out to get a brand new battery. The lawnmower started up and was fine the rest of the day. I was able to mow the lawn last week as well with no problems. This week I can't start it again. I charged the battery overnight for a couple hours. And it started it (cheers of joy)!!! So the main problem is, what is sucking the life out of the battery? It'd be annoying to have to do that every time and I'm no expert but that's probably not good for the battery.

I'm a newbie and I'll need someone to walk me through it. If anyone could help I would really appreciate the help. I know next to nothing when it comes to engines so please be gentle haha

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sounds like either the battery isn't charging. can be tested with a volt meter across the battery terminals Should be around 13.5-14.5. The other option would be something is draining the battery while the mower is setting. That one would be harder to track down.

Lets start by starting the mower, rev the mower to full throttle, and then check the voltage at the battery terminals.

KrashnKraka

Threads
It sounds like either the battery isn't charging. can be tested with a volt meter across the battery terminals Should be around 13.5-14.5. The other option would be something is draining the battery while the mower is setting. That one would be harder to track down.

Lets start by starting the mower, rev the mower to full throttle, and then check the voltage at the battery terminals.

G'day...jes subbin' (watchin') fir email notices :)

KK