Electric clutch retention on Dixon 4423

Altonjh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, this is my first post and I could use some help of course. Hopefully, in the future I can help others.

Something came loose or off on my 2002 Dixon 4423 mower the other day and allowed the clutch to spin and tore loose the wiring. I can easily reconnect the wiring, but two springs about six inches long also came off and one was wrapped around the electric clutch. I know one goes on the belt tensioner pulley but can't seem to locate where the other one goes. And, I need to know how the tensioner pulley is supposed to be arranged and how the spring should be attached.

What is it that retains the electric clutch to keep it from spinning? Is there a bolt or pin? Would someone post a pic of the clutch in place and where the two springs go?

Generally, I can put something back together, but in this case, I only owned this machine for one day when this happened. The cause of the problem was the stretched belt, which I have since replaced.

Thanks for reading,
Alton

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have a picture for you, but from the parts diagram it appears that the spring that was wrapped around the clutch it what retained the clutch from spinning. If a bearing freezes up in the clutch will will spin just like your did, so you may want to check that before proceeding.

KrashnKraka

Threads
I don't have a picture for you, but from the parts diagram it appears that the spring that was wrapped around the clutch it what retained the clutch from spinning. If a bearing freezes up in the clutch will will spin just like your did, so you may want to check that before proceeding.

Confirmed.
This is one of the areas ZTR owners look at in purchasing a
new ride. Other manufacturers provide a mechanical stop.
Result is your clutch is not rendered totally U/S on a bearing seizure.
The noise tells you before the innards are ripped out of the clutch electrics.

I hope the OP gets lucky and has no clutch electrics damage.

KK

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Confirmed.
This is one of the areas ZTR owners look at in purchasing a
new ride. Other manufacturers provide a mechanical stop.
Result is your clutch is not rendered totally U/S on a bearing seizure.
The noise tells you before the innards are ripped out of the clutch electrics.

I hope the OP gets lucky and has no clutch electrics damage.

KK

I saw a video (probably Youtube)
This guy wearing fake crooked teeth...takes a PTO with the wires pulled out and repairs it by drilling holes above where they connect(90 degrees) and then screws a wire connector on that and fixed it.

KrashnKraka

Threads
I saw a video (probably Youtube)
This guy wearing fake crooked teeth...takes a PTO with the wires pulled out and repairs it by drilling holes above where they connect(90 degrees) and then screws a wire connector on that and fixed it.

Tell me he used an awl and ball pein hammer to 'drill' the holes :laughing:

KK