Looking at MZT-61

miatadude

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a while and finally signed up. Great web site. I am currently cutting about 4.5 acres with a 5 year old Craftsman 46 inch lawn mower. It takes 4.5 hrs to accomplish. I have pretty much narrowed my selection to a Husqvarna MZT-61. Most of what I am cutting is a field. There is a used Dixon Ultra 61 with 46 hours for sale for 3600 obo. I can order an MZT via SLE equipment for about $4900 plus shipping. Just wondering what the better mower would be.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Suggestion, keep looking, researching, and go try the ones that catch your eye at a dealer, operation all controls. You,re going to need a dependable, durable mower that you can count on. Hopefully some ZTR owners will jump in on this one with positive feedback on their mowers.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a while and finally signed up. Great web site. I am currently cutting about 4.5 acres with a 5 year old Craftsman 46 inch lawn mower. It takes 4.5 hrs to accomplish. I have pretty much narrowed my selection to a Husqvarna MZT-61. Most of what I am cutting is a field. There is a used Dixon Ultra 61 with 46 hours for sale for 3600 obo. I can order an MZT via SLE equipment for about $4900 plus shipping. Just wondering what the better mower would be.

The mzt is a good mower. It came down to the mzt and the snapper pro s150xt when I was looking for a ztr mower. I mow over 4 acres as well. Both brands are well built mowers and offer a lot of bang for your buck. I went with a 48" s150xt because it offered a better drive train. The s15xt came with the fx series Kawi engine and zt5400 hydros, vs the fs series Kawi and zt3400 hydros on the mzt. I also liked the icd deck a little better than the deck offered on the mzt. I mow my lawn in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The snapper pro s125xt offers the same drive train as the mzt, and has the icd deck. It is in the same price range through SLE as well. My uncle has a 61" mz that he mows 3 acres with. It leaves a nice cut and it has held up well for him.

Don Stamper

Forum Newbie
Threads
You're gonna love any of the mowers you mentioned after using that Craftsman, LOL. If you shop around, you can find the Husky with zero interest. I did that with my Dixon, great deal and I never miss $99 a month drafted out on the account. I have a Dixon Ultra 52 and love it. This is my third season mowing about 7-9 acres. I would not hesitate to save some money and go with a used one with that low of hours. If you have any bargaining skills you might get it for less. My only problem has been a hot restart problem but it was due to a slightly low oil level when stopping engine on a hill the wrong direction. It is the same unit as a Husky but has Cast iron spindles and a couple other high end parts that make it somewhat better in my opinion. I found some Husky mulching blades that improved the cut and speed. you can email me if I can answer any questions. Don

Dave1954

Threads
your in ga, try lanier power equipment, buford ga. they are great to deal with and have big discounts on Husqvarna, bought my mzt52 from them at huge savings,

miatadude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am the proud new owner of the Dixon Ultra 61. I call him Bam Bam. Got it for $3300 delivered. Changed the oil and air filter this morning and cut for about 20 minutes before I had to go to work. I will put some pics up soon. I am going to love it. Will save me many hours every week.

rvalandscapes

Forum Newbie
Threads

We currently run MZT's professionally and they hold up GREAT! I would recommend changing hydraulic and motor oil to full synthetic or use the semi synthetic Kholer oil. Proper maintenance is key and change your oil every 50 hours or every season depending on use. Great mower and sturdy quality in the MZT series, you'll be happy!

Mark