Buying Advice IS700z vs IS2100z - Which do I need?

HammerTime

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm shopping for my first ZTR. I've just about pulled the trigger on a new Ferris IS700z, 61" deck with the 27hp Commercial Turf Briggs. Thought I'd come here and get thoughts from users with actual experience on these machines.

I'm mowing about 6 acres. Some rolling hills, but nothing very extreme. I've been using a very mature Massey 135 with a 6' finish mower. Hoping to cut substantial mowing time.

I'd really like the 2100z. I know a couple people with them and they all love them. One particularly is used on multiple properties, so I know it would be up to handling my yard. However - the price tag really blows my budget. I've driven the 700 and really like it. My only concern is whether it will handle our 6 acres, and will it last.

Anyone have experience with the 700 on acreage this size?

Appreciate any and all thoughts to consider...

Steve

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm shopping for my first ZTR. I've just about pulled the trigger on a new Ferris IS700z, 61" deck with the 27hp Commercial Turf Briggs. Thought I'd come here and get thoughts from users with actual experience on these machines.

I'm mowing about 6 acres. Some rolling hills, but nothing very extreme. I've been using a very mature Massey 135 with a 6' finish mower. Hoping to cut substantial mowing time.

I'd really like the 2100z. I know a couple people with them and they all love them. One particularly is used on multiple properties, so I know it would be up to handling my yard. However - the price tag really blows my budget. I've driven the 700 and really like it. My only concern is whether it will handle our 6 acres, and will it last.

Anyone have experience with the 700 on acreage this size?

Appreciate any and all thoughts to consider...

Steve

The is700 will handle your lawn easily and last you many years if you keep it properly maintained and stored out of the weather. The commercial turf engine is mid level commercial, and the zt3400 hydros are commercial as well. The is2100 has a better suspension, offers heavy duty commercial engine options (such as the Kawi fx series or the b&s vanguard), and larger zt4400 hydros. However, the mower you purchased should last 20 years without any major issues unless you abuse it. The is700 is a very well built mower. You are only mowing 6 acres with it. Shouldn't take you much more than 2 hours to mow unless you have a lot of obstacles.

kemstowtrucks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can tell you from first hand this week I bought a 700z I mowed with it one time and took it back and got the 2100z if your yard is rough that 700 will beat you to death like a jack hammer the way the front end is made, the 2100 is well worth the extra money and the ride is great all I can say something your going to own for a long time the extra money you spend now will be worth it if you break it up over 2000 hrs of mowing that's only 1 penny a hr and that is money well spent

cruizerjoy

Threads
well I have the 2100 and I wouldn't want to mow without it. Its has the efi kohler . Lots of torque. I looked at the 700 too but my 4 acres are sooooo rough just couldn't go there. Don't get me wrong that 700 is a great mower:thumbsup:. I just thought the extra weight of the 2100 would give a better ride. commercial 5400 hydros 29 hp kohler it was well worth it.:smile: You will have to weight your budget and features you want and go with your gut. No wrong answer.:thumbsup: