ITS ALIVE!! (homelite gas trimmer ut 20680)

lugnut1

Threads
had this trimmer laying around (overhead in garage) so long I forgot about it. (im thinking like 10+yrs)
pulled it down and started checking it out
tested for spark (good spark) did compression test (100psi) noticed fuel lines in gas tank had deteriorated
went to local parts store and purchased fuel line. 3 bucks
cleaned fuel filter and installed the new lines, gas it up, set on choke primed it, and began pulling starting cord
nothing.
put some fuel directly in cylinder still no response
took out air filter tried again to start it no response
Hmmm sat down and began pondering about it
then I remembered something I heard about the homelites and that was the muffler has spark arrester in it that plugs up
check the exhaust and sure enough spark arrester was plugged, removed it then proceeded to try and start it again
first couple pulls got some fire (oh ya!) set carb at half choke, pulled rope and engine came to life.
couldn't believe after setting that long it actually would run.

jp1961

Threads
My Homelite trimmer's muffler was plugged too, but not from carbon deposits, from those wasp's that build a mud? type nest. The nest is more like mortar or hardened JB weld.

Jeff

lugnut1

Threads
My Homelite trimmer's muffler was plugged too, but not from carbon deposits, from those wasp's that build a mud? type nest. The nest is more like mortar or hardened JB weld.

Jeff

had them do that to my chainsaw :mad:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great feeling!!