Ignition coil

Ltmt

Threads
A couple of months ago I posted a few threads for the problem I was having with my 07 Hustler Fastrak with a Kohler Courage 17 hp motor. I replaced the fuel lines and the fuel pump and thought that had fixed it only to find that after about three times mowing with it would not start again. After messing with it for a little while I put my in line spark tester on it to find that there was nothing going to the spark plug.
I had read somewhere where someone had said that the coil has a wire running to it that could be causing the problem. My does have this wire (white). I unplugged the wire and the motor started right up. While it was running I would try to plug this wire back onto the coil which would make the motor die just like the key had been turned off.
I have since just left the wire off and the mower is running fine. It is a little slow to die when the key is turned off but at least I can mow the yard.
The only thing is that it keeps bugging me about what it is with that wire that would cause the motor to die when it is plugged in. Is it a malfunctioning safety switch causing this?
Does anyone have any information with about this wire or a similar experience that they can shed some light on this problem for me?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
A couple of months ago I posted a few threads for the problem I was having with my 07 Hustler Fastrak with a Kohler Courage 17 hp motor. I replaced the fuel lines and the fuel pump and thought that had fixed it only to find that after about three times mowing with it would not start again. After messing with it for a little while I put my in line spark tester on it to find that there was nothing going to the spark plug.
I had read somewhere where someone had said that the coil has a wire running to it that could be causing the problem. My does have this wire (white). I unplugged the wire and the motor started right up. While it was running I would try to plug this wire back onto the coil which would make the motor die just like the key had been turned off.
I have since just left the wire off and the mower is running fine. It is a little slow to die when the key is turned off but at least I can mow the yard.
The only thing is that it keeps bugging me about what it is with that wire that would cause the motor to die when it is plugged in. Is it a malfunctioning safety switch causing this?
Does anyone have any information with about this wire or a similar experience that they can shed some light on this problem for me?

My theory without a wiring diagram...
The white wire is the kill wire to shut off the mower.
When you shut it off now you kill power to the fuel solenoid under the carb bowl, and then it dies of fuel starvation.

That's my theory....

Ltmt

Threads
Thank you. After looking at all those manuals and stuff you suggested it does look like the key switch is my problem. Will let you know.