2006 Bronco - Wiring issues and Variable Drive Issues

Gorrillasnot

Threads
  • / 2006 Bronco - Wiring issues and Variable Drive Issues
Hello,

The engine on my old mower (Simplicity 5116) finally retired so while i was searching the interwebs for a used replacement I came across a 2006 Troy-Bilt Bronco model 13AO77TG766 for a decent price (cheaper then just buying a used engine).

The mower doesn't have it's original engine. Someone has installed a old school 18HP Briggs opposed twin (Flat Head), which there's nothing wrong with that, but leads me to the first of my 2 problems.
The ignition switch on the troy-bilt will start the engine just fine, but it will not shut it off and the head lights also do not work.
I'll try and post a pic showing how it's wired.
The red and white wire (shown in the pic) go to the charging system. The yellow and red wire on the other pigtail I am not sure where they are supoosed to go.

2nd problem is when I first got the mower it wouldn't move in any speeds, so in my usual jump in and start messing with stuff I don't understand way, I adjusted the brake/clutch rod.
I adjusted it by putting the speed selector in the highest position and then adjusting the farrell on the clutch/brake rod until it lined up with the hole in the variable speed pulley bracket.
Now the mower will move forwards in the highest 3 speeds and backwards in the highest 2 speeds. In the lower speeds the mower will not move at all.

The belt that goes from the engine to the variable speed pulley looked worn so I ordered one on ebay Variable Drive Belt 954 04001 754 04001 954 04001A | eBay
Turns out after researching I should have ordered MTD oem belts :(

Anyways I plan on replacing both belts (even though the shorter belt looks good) with MTD oem belts.
What is the best procedure to re adjust the speed control and brake/clutch rods after replacing the belts?
I tried using this guide here (with my old belts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amK-0JNhOdg which is a different model, but should be similar enough and nothing lines up.

please help,

thanks

Attachments

• 100_1277777.jpg
    100_1277777.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 9

Gorrillasnot

Threads
  • / 2006 Bronco - Wiring issues and Variable Drive Issues
thanks for the reply.

Do u know any links were I could find a wiring schematic for this model mower?

thanks