Dixie chopper vs Bad Boy ztr

sparky52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm looking at buying my first ztr and am looking for some advice on a couple mowers. I have looking for a couple weeks and have narrowed it down to either a Bad Boy ZT Elite 60" or a Dixie Chopper Magnum.

The magnum seems to have a better transmission 3200 vs 3100, and a better engine Kawasaki FS vs FR. The magnum also has a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty, which the dealer handles locally vs 2 year warranty on the BB and having to send it out of state to get it services. The bad boy has a heavier duty construction and seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

I am looking to cut about 5 acres of lawn and tree rows with it. I have also looked at upgrading to the CZT Elite or the Magnum HP if I can find it. I don't think I need the higher end units, but for the extra money, would the better tranny / engine be worth it?
I can't seem to find much information on the Dixie Chopper and would like to hear from some people who might have some insight on either of these machines.

SR1642

Threads
MAYBE THIS REPLY IS NOT TOO LATE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE BADBOY. I HAD THE BADBOY 60 INCH AND HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTRIC DECK, ACTUATOR WENT OUT FIRST 3 MONTHS, DECK DESIGN IS HORRIBLE AS IT WILL NOT LEAVE A CLEAN CUT UN LESS YOU RUN $100.00 BLADES AND SHARPEN THEM EVERY ACRE YOU CUT. MY NEIGBOR BOUGHT ONE THE SAME TIME I DID AND HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. THEY ARE BUILT WELL PHYSICALLY, BUT MECHANICALLY ALL YOU ARE GETTING IS A $900.00 MURRAY FROM WALMART.
GO WITH THE DIXIE CHOPPER. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST RIDING, MOST COMFORTABLE AND DEPENDABLE MOWER YOU WILL SIT ON. THE PRICE IS WORTH IT!!!!!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
MAYBE THIS REPLY IS NOT TOO LATE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE BADBOY. I HAD THE BADBOY 60 INCH AND HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTRIC DECK, ACTUATOR WENT OUT FIRST 3 MONTHS, DECK DESIGN IS HORRIBLE AS IT WILL NOT LEAVE A CLEAN CUT UN LESS YOU RUN $100.00 BLADES AND SHARPEN THEM EVERY ACRE YOU CUT. MY NEIGBOR BOUGHT ONE THE SAME TIME I DID AND HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. THEY ARE BUILT WELL PHYSICALLY, BUT MECHANICALLY ALL YOU ARE GETTING IS A $900.00 MURRAY FROM WALMART.
GO WITH THE DIXIE CHOPPER. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST RIDING, MOST COMFORTABLE AND DEPENDABLE MOWER YOU WILL SIT ON. THE PRICE IS WORTH IT!!!!!

I agree that the Dixie chopper the op is considering is the better of the two mowers, but I wouldn't say it is the best riding, most comfortable, and dependable mower he will sit on. There are numerous great ztr mower brands out there. Each has their own features that set them apart from the others. However, if you research each brand you will realize that all of the the commercial models offer a heavy duty frame, heavy duty fabricated deck, and similar drive train options. The op answered his own question when he mentioned that any warranty work would have to be done out of state with the badboy mower. Dealer support is the biggest problem with them in my area as well.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
MAYBE THIS REPLY IS NOT TOO LATE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE BADBOY. I HAD THE BADBOY 60 INCH AND HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTRIC DECK, ACTUATOR WENT OUT FIRST 3 MONTHS, DECK DESIGN IS HORRIBLE AS IT WILL NOT LEAVE A CLEAN CUT UN LESS YOU RUN $100.00 BLADES AND SHARPEN THEM EVERY ACRE YOU CUT. MY NEIGBOR BOUGHT ONE THE SAME TIME I DID AND HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. THEY ARE BUILT WELL PHYSICALLY, BUT MECHANICALLY ALL YOU ARE GETTING IS A $900.00 MURRAY FROM WALMART. GO WITH THE DIXIE CHOPPER. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST RIDING, MOST COMFORTABLE AND DEPENDABLE MOWER YOU WILL SIT ON. THE PRICE IS WORTH IT!!!!!

If the Dixie Chopper is the best mower you sit on you have never run a Scag. The Velocity deck cuts stemmed grass better than anything I have seen out there. I do agree though Dixie Chopper is NOT junk either.

SR1642

Threads
OK guys let me be clear... my statement of the dixie being the best riding and most dependable was in comparison of 2 mowers, the bad boy and dixie, of which we had one of each in yard and compared them...

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK guys let me be clear... my statement of the dixie being the best riding and most dependable was in comparison of 2 mowers, the bad boy and dixie, of which we had one of each in yard and compared them...
Now that I can agree with. We did that with the Scag and Kubota. I would have laughed in your face 18 months ago if you had told me that a Scag would out cut a Kubota. I demonstrated a Tigercat Scag. Was amazed. Bought my first one about a year ago now. Then was so impressed with it that I got rid of my ZD326 Kubota and bought a second Tigercat. When you run em side by side in the same grass it will tell you a lot.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now that I can agree with. We did that with the Scag and Kubota. I would have laughed in your face 18 months ago if you had told me that a Scag would out cut a Kubota. I demonstrated a Tigercat Scag. Was amazed. Bought my first one about a year ago now. Then was so impressed with it that I got rid of my ZD326 Kubota and bought a second Tigercat. When you run em side by side in the same grass it will tell you a lot.

The scag velocity decks cut great. I also like the ferris icd deck, the hustler vx4 deck, the john Deere 7iron deck, and the exmark ultra cut decks. All very good mowing decks. All great mowers. I know you said the deck on the z726 is the same as the deck on the zd326, but I really like the way the z726 cuts also. Great mower! I have ran all of them. And all are quality mowers.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello, I'm looking at buying my first ztr and am looking for some advice on a couple mowers. I have looking for a couple weeks and have narrowed it down to either a Bad Boy ZT Elite 60" or a Dixie Chopper Magnum.

The magnum seems to have a better transmission 3200 vs 3100, and a better engine Kawasaki FS vs FR. The magnum also has a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty, which the dealer handles locally vs 2 year warranty on the BB and having to send it out of state to get it services. The bad boy has a heavier duty construction and seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

I am looking to cut about 5 acres of lawn and tree rows with it. I have also looked at upgrading to the CZT Elite or the Magnum HP if I can find it. I don't think I need the higher end units, but for the extra money, would the better tranny / engine be worth it?
I can't seem to find much information on the Dixie Chopper and would like to hear from some people who might have some insight on either of these machines.

Out of the mowers you mentioned The Dixie is the better mower. The Magnum is classed as a Residential unit with a 3yr bumper to bumper warranty. The Magnum HP is a commercial unit and has the 4 yr bumper to bumper warranty. Personally the Magnum HP is the way I'd go, you'll get the 3400 drives and the Kawasaki FX engine and horsepower options from 22 to 23.5 power you at up to 4.1 acres per hour and that's more than enough mower to handle your 5 acres. The Extra money for the Magnum HP would be worth the money.

pinkstonm

Threads
Out of the mowers you mentioned The Dixie is the better mower. The Magnum is classed as a Residential unit with a 3yr bumper to bumper warranty. The Magnum HP is a commercial unit and has the 4 yr bumper to bumper warranty. Personally the Magnum HP is the way I'd go, you'll get the 3400 drives and the Kawasaki FX engine and horsepower options from 22 to 23.5 power you at up to 4.1 acres per hour and that's more than enough mower to handle your 5 acres. The Extra money for the Magnum HP would be worth the money.

I think it is an Apples to Oranges comparison. The compare should be the Dixie Chopper to the Bad Boy Maverick, the two fall into the same price range and same component range but I have seen very few comparisons on the two.