New member with different name

Luana

Threads
Hi, my normal screen name on Internet forums is Furd but this forum didn't allow me to use it so I chose the name of an old girlfriend.

I joined because of a link I saw when researching information on my older Black & Decker CMM 1100 battery mower. I have had this mower for over fifteen years and still using the original battery. I never knew about the recall until about a year or so ago and frankly, I have never been too concerned about it as the mower has run flawlessly for me. I DO bemoan the fact that certain parts are no longer available, especially the lower deck portion as mine is pretty beat up.

A few days ago I bought (for $25) a CMM1200 that had a bad battery. Since this is a newer mower and in better shape I will transfer the battery from old to not-so-old mower as well as keep other parts for future replacement.

The REAL reason I bought the new(er) machine is for the motor. I am in the process of building a battery-driven riding mower and I need another 24 volt motor for various purposes. Finding 24 volt motors, especially ones of any substance, has become almost impossible for any kind of price that I, as a senior citizen on a fixed income, can afford.

The riding mower has been a "project" for at least the last thirty years. It has mostly just sat in the garage collecting dirt and cobwebs but about this time last year I decided I had to either get it going or get rid of it and I decided to get it mowing. I'll start a new thread later to detail the process.