Monster Leaf Bag?

PIJoe

Threads
I didn't see anything in the Leaf FAQ, so is anyone using one of these things?

Either this one or this one?

I'd be pulling it behind Husqzilla... :)

Or, do I just do this? :wink:

Bob E

Threads
I use a pillow case for a catch bag on my leaf blower when its in vac mode. It works good. I've been told those big bags that you drag around can get heavy enough to be difficult to empty, and can put a lot of wear and tear on a lawn tractor transmission.

PIJoe

Threads
Thanks Bob- Yeah, I had the same worry about transmission wear especially since it is a hydrostatic. I think maybe with my Gator Blades, the leaves will turn to dust after a couple of passes before I have to pick them up.

I might look at one of the smaller bags for my 21" Honda walk-behind instead.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Threads
When I bag leaves in the fall, I am usually both bagging leaves and cutting the grass at the same time. A normal sized bag of dry leaves is light, but when you start to add grass, or if the grass/leaves were wet, then it can get heavy. So if I got that I would definitely avoid cutting a lot of grass off, or doing it when it's wet.

PIJoe

Threads
I'm kind of thinking that I'd be running over the whole lot with my Gator blades, then rolling again to either bag or blow to the side. Haven't decided yet, since I only have the one rider, I'm not sure if the Gators will run ok with a bagger due to the mulch lift vs. bagging lift. Might just be mulching I suppose... I can cut to center, the rake onto a tarp and remove.

Bob E

Threads
I can mulch them right down to dust with mtd 3-n-1 mulching blades and my homemade mulch plate.

Attachments

• mulch plate.JPG
    mulch plate.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 22

PIJoe

Threads
Love the homemade mulch plate!

Another option I'm thinking about:

Run over the leaves with the Gators on mulch, then a 44" Agri-Fab or 50" Ohio Steel (preferred for spiral brushes) lawn sweeper:
If I do the sweeper, thoughts about adding an aux cooler for the trans? Can I even add one, or is the hydrostatic drive system closed with no lines... I don't think I'd have an issue with the wheels vs. dragging a monster leaf bag though.

(not my tractor, just using the pic)

00h0h_lsCZmsegpeI_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00h0h_lsCZmsegpeI_600x450.jpg
    00h0h_lsCZmsegpeI_600x450.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 6