tried stihl, never again.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Still happy with echo will keep the stihl for fall

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Since this whole stihl bashing thread and my response about using echo, we had 2 string trimmers and an echo edger go down. String trimmer 1 wont run unless held wide open, string trimmer 2 feed head busted, and edger only runs half choked. I'm positive it's all easy fixes but i feel the irony right now for just saying how reliable all my echo stuff has been.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since this whole stihl bashing thread and my response about using echo, we had 2 string trimmers and an echo edger go down. String trimmer 1 wont run unless held wide open, string trimmer 2 feed head busted, and edger only runs half choked. I'm positive it's all easy fixes but i feel the irony right now for just saying how reliable all my echo stuff has been.

Lol yup

LoCo86

Threads

Another reason I stay with Stihl. Echo handheld products seem to be plagued with carb issues. My dad is having the same trouble with his trimmer as you're having with your edger.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes I've had issues with carbs but I keep a couple on hand usually buy them refurbished at 20$ each sell the cores to a local store. For 3-5 ea I keep one in my tool box on trailer and 2 at the shop

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Replaced the air filters, and sprayed the 2 running fishy with some carb cleaner and good to go.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replaced the air filters, and sprayed the 2 running fishy with some carb cleaner and good to go.

I find every other month or so I run 3oz of seafoam per gallon in my 2 cycle petrol avoids the small issues like that. And the carb replace is about once every two years ive run my echo for about 4.5 years. I also replace air filter, fuel filter, lines, breather, grommet, primer bulb, gas tank gasket, spark plug and anything that looks worn annually

Before that the company I worked for ran 3 crews fully echo and he did about the same.

LoCo86

Threads
I find every other month or so I run 3oz of seafoam per gallon in my 2 cycle petrol avoids the small issues like that. And the carb replace is about once every two years ive run my echo for about 4.5 years. I also replace air filter, fuel filter, lines, breather, grommet, primer bulb, gas tank gasket, spark plug and anything that looks worn annually Before that the company I worked for ran 3 crews fully echo and he did about the same.

That's a lot of work. I just clean my Stihls up and service them at the end of the year. My oldest is 12 years old and all I've don't major to it was put a new carb on it after 10 years.