Motor drag when PTO engaged

afollower

Threads
Well guys, I bought a new motor for this Dixon and I need help with the wiring. There is no diagram in any of the literature and it is a bit different than the old motor.
New motor is a B&S Model 33R877, type: 0003G1, Code: 150121ZD.

This new motor has two wires coming from the regulator and the old has three. I can't find a schematic anywhere. The carb solenoid has two wires--one is ground and I think the other is to go to the ignition switch but not sure. This motor came with a harness and that's what is confusing me.

As always, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

afollower

Threads
Well guys, I bought a new motor for this Dixon and I need help with the wiring. There is no diagram in any of the literature and it is a bit different than the old motor.
New motor is a B&S Model 33R877, type: 0003G1, Code: 150121ZD.

This new motor has two wires coming from the regulator and the old has three. I can't find a schematic anywhere. The carb solenoid has two wires--one is ground and I think the other is to go to the ignition switch but not sure. This motor came with a harness and that's what is confusing me.

As always, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Well I got it figured out. Thing runs better than when I first bought it and cuts great! I would still like the information on rebuilding the PTO clutch. I couldn't get the new one on the shaft far enough for the bolt. It seems like the key is a different size but I just can't see it well enough--I'm getting old and blind! The clutch will need work though and I want to rebuild it of I can. Thanks for the help!