John Deere 325 stopped???

newjkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was out mowing my lot a few minutes ago, and as I turned to mow another row with my 1998 John Deere 325 when it made a loud clunking noise, and stopped traveling. The pedals will go down very easy, but no movement? Any help would be Great!
Thanks!

gainestruk

Threads
First thing I would check is the belt to transaxle see if it broke. I'm guessing the engine still runs ?

newjkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes the engine still runs.
Thanks

newjkman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got it in the garage yesterday, and it was the transaxle belt that I never knew was there. It lasted 17 years. How much do I need to take apart to replace it? I just cut the old one off. I appreciate the help!
Thanks!!!

gainestruk

Threads
I can't help much from here, I have never worked on a John Deere garden tractor, but you will need to remove belt to blades 1st.
Do you still have the manual for tractor ? If so I think it might tell you how the belt goes on.
Now would be a good time to check all the pulleys, grab them and see if you can move them up down Sid to side and spin, if it is rough feeling or make a growling sound you need to replace them.
Hopefully someone who has replaced one will chime in, if no one does I'll do some digging and see if I can help.
Also be sure and go with a John Deere belt, the cheaper ones won't last very long.

gainestruk

Threads
I found videos showing how to change belt, first time I've tried doing this hope it work, (it didn't)
If you type how do I change John Deere 325 drive belt in your search engine it will give you some videos to see how it's done.
Guess I'll need to get grandkids here to show me how to link sites lol !

Mikel1

Threads
Service Mower

Gainestruk, just click on title bar which highlights the url then right click on mouse to copy or hold "control" and press "c" on keyboard(when highlighted). Then right click and paste or hold "control" and press "v" on keyboard.

gainestruk

Threads
Thanks Mikel1 I should have said I'm using an iPad, we are always griping about enough info an what do I do :rolleyes:

Mikel1

Threads
Yeah I know nothing on the Ipad, my son can't seem to live without his.:laughing: