Grease zerts you can't get to

cambre

Threads
I have a 2014 729T. It has 2 pillow block bearings ( 2 zerks) on the drive shaft.

I got mind greased. Had to change zert. Put a straight one on. Thanks for the help. Cambre

cambre

Threads
Those carrier bearing fittings are accessible from underneath. It's a pain to get at 'em, but as an earlier poster wisely advised, don't let them go. The carrier bearings are much harder to replace than they are to grease.

I got it greased. Thanks for info. Cambre

cambre

Threads
If the factory parts bin was still full of zerk- fitted ?housings? they would continue to use them even with sealed bearings until used up, I think.

Thanks for your help. I sure did make a mistake on how many zerts are on the drive shaft. There is only two, I counted the shaft going to the deck as on the drive shaft. I replaced the zert I could not grease with a straight one. That made it easier to get to. Thanks ever one for your patients. This forum is great and so are the people who answer. Cambre

cambre

Threads
No need to take the gaurd off, its right there!

Yes bobbysr, My problem was I couldn't get my grease gun on the zert. Not from the side or through the hole in the guard. I put on a straight zert and was able to grease it. Thanks to all for the help. Cambre