How many of you are faithful radio listeners?

Oddball

Threads
I grew up listening to the BBC rebroadcast all the old radio shows like Gunsmoke, The Green Hornet, Burns and Allen, etc. on the old ham radio in the basement with my dad on Saturdays while working on projects or just hanging out listening to the radio. I still have that radio. Its got to be close to 60 years old and still works, though we live in a low area and without a proper outdoor antenna the signal I get isn't very strong. I do still listen to the regular broadcast AM/FM stations on Saturday mornings on a little transistor radio though. Right now I'm listening to a lawn and garden show that's on from 6 to 10 every Saturday morning. That will be followed by a home fix it show for a couple of hours, though I usually don't listen to all of that one. I think there's even a fishing show on before 6 on Saturday mornings, but I haven't been up that early on a Saturday since, well, since the last time I went fishing :smile:, which was quite a while ago.

mystreba

Threads
XM used to broadcast many of these old radio shows. But sadly I only listen to the radio when I'm in the car, which isn't that often. We sometimes have background music in the house, but we get that through FIOS.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
My local radio station, is MFR (Moray-Firth-Radio), and I am very loyal to it.

I don't listen all the time, but I do know the presenters, both my name and face, since I actually met them all a couple of years ago!

If you are interested in seeing what MFR is, please go to this link to listen to it: MFR FM | MFR FM Player

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
My local radio station, is MFR (Moray-Firth-Radio), and I am very loyal to it.

I don't listen all the time, but I do know the presenters, both my name and face, since I actually met them all a couple of years ago!

If you are interested in seeing what MFR is, please go to this link to listen to it: MFR FM | MFR FM Player

I was interested in MFR, I was hoping for a "cultural experience" Instead, I got a message indictating "This broadcast is restricted to U.K. mainland only".
So thank you for trying, it's the thought that counts.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I was interested in MFR, I was hoping for a "cultural experience" Instead, I got a message indictating "This broadcast is restricted to U.K. mainland only".
So thank you for trying, it's the thought that counts.
Ah damn...

jd335

Threads
i listen to radio 12 hours a day in my big truck am talk shows mostly very intresting most of the time im in and out of my truck alot and miss some but still enjoy it.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Radio is just "great". I love it and listen as often as possible.
I think that those of us who are older have a different apreciation for "sound without video", which is what I think the new definition of radio will become. Doesn't really matter how it got to you, the frequency or method of transfer is of little consequence, xm or am.
I relate the apreciation of this media to any other evolution of communication. At one time the printed or written word was the way. Now it's the internet, and news papers are quickly trying to adapt or go the way of the shoulder-driven push mower.
I still like to read books and believe it or not, they are made out of "paper":ashamed:. Having to use and interpret words, either written or audible, is the way we have driven our imaginations for the last 900 years.
Thanks for reminding me:wink:

jd335

Threads
:confused2:wow i noticed i hit 100 post in less than a year i must be very bissy or just plain lazy or to dumb to know the answer's to any of the questions you make the call don't worry you can't make made.:laughing:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
:confused2:wow i noticed i hit 100 post in less than a year i must be very bissy or just plain lazy or to dumb to know the answer's to any of the questions you make the call don't worry you can't make made.:laughing:
You said it :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I listen to AM all the time.......Now I'm on night shift again, I can go back to listening to "Coast To Coast AM" again.......I love that broadcast.

Even got my woman into "Twighlight Zone" on AM........she'd rather listen to that than watch a movie!