carb rebuild kit

cruizertoo

Threads
Hi, I have a homlite mighty lite 26cs string trimmer model ut 21506, the lettering on the carb is rui ing, is there a rebuild kit for this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Homelite doesn't show a carb kit for the ruixing (rook zing) carb but a complete carb list price is like $17

Ava.Feret

Threads
Yes I had the same problem use this kit walbro K20-WYL LTUS. Look on ebay and you will see it uses the same gaskets.
All the newer units use RuXing. Seems they abandoned Walbro.
The Mighty lite uses that crazy choke. I have used carbs from the Ryobi cs or ss 30 and they work also.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
RuXing rebuild kits are available from over seas.
I got mine from Hong Kong.
As previously noted some of the parts are the same as WYL Walbro and some are CS 1 Zama.
Before I found the source in Hong Kong I was buying 2 gasket sets.
Fine for me I am a repair workshop so the surplus bits go into the spare box, not so good for the home owner.
And yes they are cheap because they are copies of other companies technology and they have no support network.
There is a ruhmour that Husqvarna either owns or has a large chunk of them.

Down side for the home owner is the kits come in packs of 20.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
anyone know the carb rebuild kit number for Ryobi HT26 RY39505 edger? I ordered a new carb from Jacks today but it would be nice to be able to rebuild the old one. Jacks shows the carb as Ryobi - Homelite. 308054023

I always drain it when done but today it had all the symptoms of the failed fuel pump flap in the carb. I could choke it to get it to barely run, or push the bulb to keep it from stalling but it just got worse. That is also how my other small carb devices like this, blower, small tiller, that use the ZAMA style carb die when the carb gets old.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome to my nightmare
you can go here https://www.gaspares.com.au/search?per_page=96&product_page=3&q=carburettor+diaphragm&search%5Border%5D=score+desc%2C+code+asc
Then scroll through the images till you find a match

Or when they are apart, post some photos of the carburettor , including any name or numbers you see on it plus the diaphragm & the gasket.
Some one might be inclined to try to match them.
When Ruxings started to be used, their RU1 & RU 2 were a mix of Walbro & Zama
I bought several grab boxes of loose gaskets & diaphragms so I could fix them.
For the home owner it is different as they have to buy rebuild kits or if you are lucky just a diaphragm & gasket kit
The downside is 2 diaphragm & gasket kits are more expensive that a new Ruxing carb.

The local Husqvarna dealer, does not keep parts for the Ruxings that Husqvarna fit at all so it is replacement carb or nothing.
Just a sign of the times
I charge $ 45 ( Aust ) for a trimer / blower chain saw service or $ 60 for a repair , both plus parts.
It is hard to bill for a $ 30 rebuild kit when they see brand new carbs on ebay for $ 25.
Ebay / amazon will kill the hand held repair business completely when an on line vendor can buy the carbs for $ 4 (US ) if they buy them in lots of 200 or more.
I buy the same carb via a wholesaler and it is $16 + $ 15 delivery if not part of a bigger order.
Every year my wholesale cataloguce are dropping older stuff like hot cakes because they can not compete with some clot with a computer in their mother's dunny.

Pete-MKCS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a homlite mighty lite 26cs string trimmer model ut 21506, the lettering on the carb is rui ing, is there a rebuild kit for this?
I have found that it is easier and really cheap just to replace the whole carburetor on almost any 2 cycle engine. You can find exact replacements on line (Amazon and Ebay) usually for under $20 and they come with fuel lines, filter and primer bulb.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have found that it is easier and really cheap just to replace the whole carburetor on almost any 2 cycle engine. You can find exact replacements on line (Amazon and Ebay) usually for under $20 and they come with fuel lines, filter and primer bulb.
BS as most of the those are clones and many don't even work right.

As for Ruixing carburetor used here it should take the RX-1 GND (Zama GND 12) kit or the Zama RB-29 if a full kit is needed.

1648988769562.png1648988806506.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I have a dozen people a month come through the gate having fitted one of those kits but still can't get their gear to run
It really is a lucky dip
And be really careful of the "complete overhaul kits" as a lot of the tubing supplied is geletein based plastic and crumbles when exposed to fuel after a year or so .
And even more are really cheap because they are factory rejects bought as scrap metal then on sold as good parts.
Some are genuinely good bit a lot are in fact scrap metal
OK for Fred Flintstone at home who has hours of time to waste but no good for workshops who need to be efficient & guarantee their work
Your carb is a Ruxing, pronounced Ru Zing who have no distributors anywhere on the planet so genuine replacements can only be bought from the equipment makers .
This is all about reducing inventory as there is over 100 different carb rebuild kits , each one with either 4 ( gasket & diaphragm kit ) or 10 parts in each for the full rebuild kit .
Because the shop want you to buy a new one every couple of years rather than having your old one fixed

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is lucky with these Ruixing carbs is that they are clones of Zama carburetors so at least GND and Carburetor kits will if you find the right one. The Homelite is most likely the H142 carb.

Ruixing website for info on what they sell.