Filter in carburetor kit

syale

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cleaning the carburetor on my Craftsman 675 (Briggs and Stratton 126T00-1024). When I took the carb off a small foam filter fell out and I cannot figure out where the new one goes. The filter is about 1/4" diameter with a hole through it. Where does it need to go. I figured out all the other pieces and change the needle valve seal etc.

Stephen

Honda Tech

Threads
Stephen,

Did it come out of the carburetor or out of the rebuild kit? The kits does include new dust seals for the throttle and choke shafts which are foam and the hole is just big enough to go over the shafts. If that is not it,??? Assemble and run it. I doubt it is from the carburetor itself.

syale

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was dirty so it definitely come from the carb. There are 2 new white ones in the kit.

Honda Tech

Threads
If it was after you removed either of the throttle or choke shafts, it is the white foam shaft seal. It most likely stuck to the carburetor body for a bit before it fell off. I have rebuilt many of these carburetors, that is the only place there is a foam 'washer'.

syale

Forum Newbie
Threads
So does it fit on the throttle cable? Do you have an image of where it should go?

Thanks
Stephen

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
No the foam washer goes on the throttle shaft that goes down inside the carb. It is a dust seal to prevent dirty air from entering around the shaft. On some carbs there is also one around the choke shaft.

syale

Forum Newbie
Threads
That explains it. I was cleaning with a nylon brush and I must have brushed it away. Does this mean I have to remove the throttle shaft to put the new on in?

Thanks
Stephen

syale

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just looked and it looks like it is from the auto choke shaft. I unscrewed the plate, lifted it out and slid the foam seal on. The plate for the throttle does not unscrew therefore I will not be able to remove the shaft, so the second seal is redundant in the kit?

Thanks
Stephen

Honda Tech

Threads
Some of the throttle shutters are not screwed in the shaft, but simply slide into the shaft. A good pair a pliers will pull it out and allow removal of the shaft. If not, don't worry about it. It is a dust seal, but if you're not operating it in a dusty environment, it won't be that critical.