Echo SRM-225 problem

jp1961

Threads
I just purchased an Echo SRM-225 string trimmer from Home Depot two weeks ago. The choke lever was REALLY hard to move to closed. After removing the air filter cover, I found the black plastic choke flap was not clearing the metal piece the air filter bolt threads in to. I added two thin flat washer to the metal bridge, which gave the flap enough clearance to close. Not sure if mine was dropped and bent, or all in this batch have this problem. Sorry, can't upload an image.

Jeff

Snapperfreak

Threads
Having only had it two weeks I'd exchange it. Even if the washers fix the problem u spent good money on that machine and it should be perfect.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with Snapperfreak, I'd take it back and get my money back and go buy one from your local dealership so if you should have problems in the future you can have the dealerships support.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
added two thin flat washer to the metal bridge

take washers back out and then take back if it reverts to its old habits.

Bod

Threads
I agree with Snapperfreak, I'd take it back and get my money back and go buy one from your local dealership so if you should have problems in the future you can have the dealerships support.
Strongly agree!! Do not buy power equipment from anywhere other than a servicing dealer. Pay the extra $7.50 cents or ten bucks. You will get a machine in your hands, ready to go to work and you will be knowlegable on how to start/ use it. Then you can walk into the joint anytime after that and talk to a person that knows you and the machine.
When I owned a lawn care dealership, I would rewind trimmer heads for free for all my customers that brought their machine from me. My customers did not have to mix their own gas. I kept it on hand premixed and would fill their gas cans for cost. If a machine just needed a slight carb adjustment or the carb bowl drained to get it to run, 2 minutes, no charge. Big smile on my customers face. Not so much cause of the no charge, but cause he could go home and take care of his property today when he planned on doing it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We always buy from a LOCAL dealer. It might cost a little more to start with but always remember. The cheapest price is not always the best price. I have had a dealer get me running numerous times where buying from a big box store I did not have equal results.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't screw in the filter cover so tight..........

theodore2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having the very same problem with my Echo SRM-225 that I've used for 6years running now. Was working perfectly just a week ago. Today, choke lever cannot move all the way up. When I dismantled, I found that I would have to loosen the bolts holding the carb to the motor in order for the choke flap to move into place. That's ridiculous to keep bolts so loose. I've searched on internet and found at least one other person with similar problem posted, but no solutions listed to-date.
Anyone else have this problem and know how to solve ?
Advice greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Theodore.

Threads
I'm having the very same problem with my Echo SRM-225 that I've used for 6years running now. Was working perfectly just a week ago. Today, choke lever cannot move all the way up. When I dismantled, I found that I would have to loosen the bolts holding the carb to the motor in order for the choke flap to move into place. That's ridiculous to keep bolts so loose. I've searched on internet and found at least one other person with similar problem posted, but no solutions listed to-date.
Anyone else have this problem and know how to solve ?
Advice greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Theodore.

So you have the slider choke choke on yours instead of the butterfly round type inside of the carb itself ???? I didn't look your model up so I am asking ....

Those have a special washer on them and it might be worn out or it's just real dirty and needs a good cleaning ............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

(Account Closed)

Threads
All the SRMs I've encountered have the "slide choke cover" built into the inner cover.

This is a parts pic of my customers SRM-225 (an older model) I worked on(he has several):

Part #6 IS the entire choke assembly, nothing to take apart.
As I re-call, isn't the choke lever / plate on a separate "rivet" and not to the carb mounting bolts (on YOUR machine)?
(I actually have a spare as described above).

Can you post your serial # as there have been some changes over time?

The correct parts diagram would show any changes. That cover is pretty cheap ($ wise).