Echo SRM-225 problem

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi Folks.
So, I turned it around, but still doesn't work when i tighten the torx bolts. And, of course, they need to be tight.
Here's a video.
https://youtu.be/TmaoeTilfSE

I also got on live chat with Echo on Friday. They said:
Echo: The prevent plate should be flat. It looks like yours is bent.
Me: Is the prevent plate assembled in the appropriate direction and orientation?
Echo: Yes.
Echo: Yours has a curve to it. If you would like, I can email you a picture of what the plate should look like.​

And they sent this photo:
http://echo-usa.custhelp.com/ci/inlineImage/get/20165/05407364fcc49cc4b70a5ec3a6801272

If Echo is right, it is a crazy mystery on how mine got to be so bent/curved. I've ordered a new one and will install when it gets here.
As usual, any input/advice is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Theodore.

If you are talking about the plate that has the screw hole for the cover in it as per the photo then bending will be from overtightening and concavity will be from being bashed into something.

theodore2

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are talking about the plate that has the screw hole for the cover in it as per the photo then bending will be from overtightening and concavity will be from being bashed into something.

New part arrived in mail on Saturday. Photo attached is comparison between the two. So, you're saying that I may have overtightened the cover , and I may have bashed it into something. I'm truly shocked. No joke. I really have -NO IDEA- how the old part got bent so out of shape. It's very possible I overtightened the plastic cover, but I have zero recollection of hitting something, and I'm the only one who uses this tool. Maybe... it fell on the ground and I didn't register that as a potential impact that damaged something?! But, the bottom line is that it was bent so badly that it was, obviously, non-functional.
I installed the new one and the entire assembly works perfectly (see photos)!!
Thank you all so much for the guidance. Case closed.
IMG_7062.jpgImg_7060.jpgIMG_7063.jpg

(Account Closed)

Threads
Congrates!

Re-reading your first post, the machine was new to you from HD.

I'd bet someone yanked some parts on it, HD re-packed after a return possibly, someone put the wrong part on it...

Looking closer at the curved, old part, I have never seen one with that curve in an SRM, (or any other Echos).

Anyway, enjoy!!