craftsman Garden tractor 917.273021

Bubba1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the above mentioned tractor it is a 1998 have replaced the Carb, fuel pump and all of the fuel line from the tank to the carb, all was bad. It will run if I spray carb cleaner in carb then will die. I am getting fuel in carb bowl but not it the through of carb for engine to run. Any advice will be nice almost at wits end on this.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets start with what engine you have complete with model number information..that way we can see what you are working on.

Bubba1961

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Engine is the Kohler CV-20 V-twin model is craftsman 917.273021 I am getting fuel to and in the bowl of carb, the fuel shut off valve is working or should say it clicks when power up, and tractor will run if I keep spraying carb cleaner in carb.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would remove the fuel solenoid and bowl from the carb, and spray carb cleaner up through the center and make sure it is spraying into the center of the carb. sounds like the main fuel jet is clogged for some reason, either that or the fuel solenoid isn't opening all the way and restricting fuel.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are there welsh plugs in the carb passageways ? Some members poke them out to allow thorough clean out. After passage cleanout the welsh plugs are replaced and adhere like gold foil used in dentistry. I have never done it but read fishing sinkers (lead) can be used, or they come in a kit. Just a thought.