Toro Recycler with Briggs 6.75 won't restart when warm

Mark Jags

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Recycler with Briggs 6.75 won't restart when warm
This is a 2010 Toro Recycler with a 6.75hp Briggs engine. Starts fine when it's cold and runs good, but just doesn't want to restart when it's warm. It's my father's mower and he has had this problem since last summer. So he took it back to the place he bought it from and they supposedly cleaned the carb and thought it was ok, but it's not. I brought it over to my house and took the carb off and took it apart. Pretty clean inside but I cleaned all the passages anyway with carb cleaner and blew them out with compressed air. I didn't notice anything wrong so I put it back together and back on the engine.

It started right up with one pull and ran great. So I let it run for about 2 minutes and shut it off. It restarted again, but not as easily as the first time. I let it run for about another minute and shut it off again. This time it would not start. So I shot a little gas into the carb and it fired up and seemed to run ok. But every time I shut it off I'd have to do the gas squirt to get it started again. BTW, this carb does not have a primer bulb. The auto-choke was closed when cold and then fully open by the time I ran it for about 4 or so minutes.

Any ideas?

Jags

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Appears the choke system is working fine. Maybe the jet bolt that holds the carb bowl on is partially clogged and not allowing enough fuel for restarting. Remove the bolt from the bottom of the bowl, and use a wooden toothpick to lightly insert into the hole and turn a few times to remove any gunk.

If that doesn't fix the problem get us the model, type and code from the engine blower housing so we can see what choke system your engine has.

Mark Jags

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ILENGINE. I'll give that a shot and see if it works.

Mark Jags

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that didn't work, unfortunately. I removed the jet bolt and blew compressed air through all 3 holes so I know they are not plugged. Put it back together and still will not restart when warm. The only way I can get it to start is by "priming" the carb with a little gas.

The number in the blower housing is: 126T02-0299-B1 10081659

Any ideas?