I pull the rope on my Briggs and Stratton 6.75 HP engine and it gets stuck

washburnsatch

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I pull the rope on my Briggs and Stratton 6.75 HP engine and it gets stuck
Strange problem here. I pull the cord and it stops about a third of the way. I release it and subsequent pulls work just fine, in fact the engine starts. If I stop the engine and pull the cord again it works fine too. It seems it only locks up on the first pull of a cold engine. Anyone have a clue on this one?

Michael72

Threads
First thing I would do is to check the pulley assembly...remove and see will it recoil off the mower...

washburnsatch

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing I would do is to check the pulley assembly...remove and see will it recoil off the mower...

Works fine off the mower. It just gets stuck, feels like the mower locks up, but when I let go and pull again it smooths out and pulls all the way.

Michael72

Threads
Turn flywheel by hand and see if you have any issues....you will feel some resistance but shouldn't lock...prob just the starter pawl/s in pulley assembly..