kohler courage SV600S STARTS RUNS then stops

bebuzz69

Threads
runs good for about 20 min. then sputters and stops. let it sit for awhile then it starts and runs for about 20 min.
I thought maybe a coil, I put a checker on it and when it stops and I try to start it right away I get spark.
so I thought it might be the fuel solenoid, so I changed it with one I had but it might be bad too. it runs about 20 min.
when it stops it looks like there is no fuel in the filter. almost like an ods time vapor lock. any advise?

possum

Threads
Loosen the fuel cap and see if the filter starts to fill up.

bebuzz69

Threads
Loosen the fuel cap and see if the filter starts to fill up.

did that, no fuel in filter after it cools then it runs into filter.

possum

Threads
Has to be between that tank and filter. Cannot be to much between there to check.

bebuzz69

Threads
tomorrow iam going to take the tank off and clean it ,replace fuel line and filter, ill let you know what happens. thanks.

bebuzz69

Threads
put new fuel lines on and new filter, cleaned the tank. mowed the whole yard. but now oil is leaking out of the valve cover, so tomorrow iam going to yank it off and replace the gasket. while iam at it iam going to adjust the valve lash. let you know what happens.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
runs good for about 20 min. then sputters and stops. let it sit for awhile then it starts and runs for about 20 min.
I thought maybe a coil, I put a checker on it and when it stops and I try to start it right away I get spark.
so I thought it might be the fuel solenoid, so I changed it with one I had but it might be bad too. it runs about 20 min.
when it stops it looks like there is no fuel in the filter. almost like an ods time vapor lock. any advise?

I have read the replies up until my post.
Similar symptoms were caused by the gasket on the gas cap that had disintegrated and fallen into the tank. As you drive around, it stirs it up and the suction pulls it against the suction tube in the tank. It slowly starves of fuel.
I removed the tank and cleaned it.