Why does my new mower leave streaks in the lawn??

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
That deck is blowing rather than sucking. Look at all the grass clippings on top of the deck and even as far up as on top of the running board.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
May be too embarrassed to admit it.:laughing:

We change blades on two mowers every day and we have put one on upside down a couple of times. It is easier to do than you would think.

Normf

Threads
Your grass looks so limber that the wheels seem to just push it over and it does not spring back up.

It must really grow fast!

Very tall grass does not mow well...it just gets pushed over.

Wait about 3 days and mow again then observe if it looks better than last time ?
.....seemed to work for me on my daughters lawn which sounds similar to yours .....grass grows like crazy !
Normf

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Do you have the blade spacers on the wrong side of the blades? One of my guys just done that on one of our Scags and it cut almost just like your picture. Luckily the other guy called me to say that mower was cutting really bad. They'd just put new blades on right before they left. I drove to the sight looked under the deck and sure enough had the spacer under the blade and not on top of it. He'd already mowed about 1 1/2 acres so he got an ear full. Anyway i knocked the blade off watched for a minute and problem solved. Back to the shop and finished my coffee.

MowerMark

Threads
Do you have the blade spacers on the wrong side of the blades? One of my guys just done that on one of our Scags and it cut almost just like your picture. Luckily the other guy called me to say that mower was cutting really bad. They'd just put new blades on right before they left. I drove to the sight looked under the deck and sure enough had the spacer under the blade and not on top of it. He'd already mowed about 1 1/2 acres so he got an ear full. Anyway i knocked the blade off watched for a minute and problem solved. Back to the shop and finished my coffee.

LONG OVERDUE FINAL ANSWER: Blades on wrong!!