landscape design

clpolcar

Threads
Have a customer asking to make her one flower bed 2.5 deep by 15 long. The would like it higher towards the house and sloped towards the grass. Like a raised flower bed with not block or trim work. Figured I need 1 yard of dirt. And would take a about a hour to form and compact etc. What would a fair price be to charger her?

Jack17

Threads
Is she single and good looking?

clpolcar

Threads
Single mom 2 kids. Not really.

clpolcar

Threads
Lol that helped alot with pricing. I thought about 50 for labor and and cost of dirt.

Jack17

Threads
Lol that helped alot with pricing. I thought about 50 for labor and and cost of dirt.

You're being very generous...normally, its a 2 hrs minimum charge for labor.

clpolcar

Threads
Ive never done anything like this before. I usually mow grass and do mulch if asked. So actually forming the landscape is new to me

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
we do design build, a yard of dirt won't go far, but I don't really know what your vision is. I charge $100 and hour and 20% on material. i also charge for the CAD design time. i get the customers wish list of what they want then start the design. butterfly gardens, hard scape, water feature, fire pits, sitting areas, ect. also try to get a feeling of what they are thinking, like entertaining area or just a place to relax.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
or in your case just some curb appeal. we started just scratching some general shapes on paper. but get at least $80-$90 an hour. your equipment even if its just shovels, rakes a truck and trailer are worth something.

clpolcar

Threads
or in your case just some curb appeal. we started just scratching some general shapes on paper. but get at least $80-$90 an hour. your equipment even if its just shovels, rakes a truck and trailer are worth something.

I could quit fine how I was suppose to describe it. Thats a perfect explanation of what I am trying to do