LT1000 will not crank after running into a rock

DaveTN

Threads
It's one of those "Unsolved Mysteries From the Twilight Zone" where mowers act strangely,
won't start when everything is in working order. I've seen such mystery machines in my
day I tell ya. Get everything the way it's supposed to be and it still won't run or run right.
I've seen weedeaters throw tantrums and test the patience of a Saint! No wonder people
throw them out on the curb to get rid of them. Riding mowers are not immune to this type
of behavior either. We should start another category on here called "Mowers From Hell" and
listen to the horror stories, the mysteries of why they won't run as if they were in the Bermuda
Triangle or some such place. LOL Is your machine like that? :thumbdown:

logan01

Threads
It's one of those "Unsolved Mysteries From the Twilight Zone" where mowers act strangely,
won't start when everything is in working order. I've seen such mystery machines in my
day I tell ya. Get everything the way it's supposed to be and it still won't run or run right.
I've seen weedeaters throw tantrums and test the patience of a Saint! No wonder people
throw them out on the curb to get rid of them. Riding mowers are not immune to this type
of behavior either. We should start another category on here called "Mowers From Hell" and
listen to the horror stories, the mysteries of why they won't run as if they were in the Bermuda
Triangle or some such place. LOL Is your machine like that? :thumbdown:
That would be a cool category.:thumbsup:

dmyers

Forum Newbie
Threads
That would be a cool category.:thumbsup:
I have an LT 1000 2001, while mowing my daughters lawn 30 miles from home, I hit a rock with corner of the deck, not the blades. Would not start, no lights , fuse not blown, took home to repair. Found bad wire from feed on starter to positive side of fuse. Wire was in loom , no reason that the jolt of the rock could even damage the wire on the other side of mower but that was the problem. Fixed 2 months ago no problems since.