Dixon model 4422 Cone drive adjustment question

bcbillings

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a Dixon model 4422 with a 42" deck and 14hp motor. the right side handle is not nearly as strong when moving or turning as the left side. the cones are worn but not overly so to the point they need to be changed. one interesting point is the person replaced ONE of the cones but not the other... is there a way to adjust it to make it work again or is there something else i should be checking for (another broken part some place). the mower runs extremely well and looks pretty good so i would like to get it fixed to use it without fear of breaking it further.

bcbillings

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks to me like I have a broken Torque rod, it also looks like that sleeve is broken as well. I will fix this and then see what else is not moving right!

IMG_20150428_174626015.jpgIMG_20150428_174626015.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Torque rod broke for sure, check everything over and also check for bad bearings while you have it apart.

Tinkerer200

Threads
4422 is the best cone drive Dixon made in my opinion. I can send you several pcs. of info on adjusting the drive plus a narrative on the operation and adjustment of the cone drive. By the way, as of Jan. 1st the Dixon brand is discontinued.

Walt Conner

bcbillings

Forum Newbie
Threads
4422 is the best cone drive Dixon made in my opinion. I can send you several pcs. of info on adjusting the drive plus a narrative on the operation and adjustment of the cone drive. By the way, as of Jan. 1st the Dixon brand is discontinued.

Walt Conner

I will take any and all information about this mower! I like it a lot and its only partially working!

Tinkerer200

Threads
Far too much to post here. For info, contact me at address below, put in proper format and remind me what you want, I get numerous inquires.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com